PDA

View Full Version : Spam and IP banning

MrWookie47
10-15-2005, 12:02 PM
The micro forum (and probably everyone else) has been getting a rash of spam with the following text:

[ QUOTE ]
Playing on UB? get 31% rakeback. www.instantrake.com/faq (http://www.instantrake.com/faq)

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been banning the users one at a time, but since it's all the same site, it's likely that it's all the same person. I haven't figured out how to look up the IP address of a user, though. How do I do that so I can ban an IP, or has someone already looked into this?

Mat Sklansky
10-15-2005, 02:01 PM
I'll keep track and see if it's someone with a static ip

MrWookie47
10-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Do you want me to supply you w/ the names of the people Greg and I've banned so far, or can you get that info on your own?

craig r
10-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Last saturday and sunday I banned a bunch of these guys also. Some were already banned when I went to ban them. I wish I would have kept a list though. But, they were all advertising instantrake.com.

craig

Mat Sklansky
10-16-2005, 09:01 PM
A list would speed things

Mike Haven
10-17-2005, 10:41 AM
For your amusement:

From: memberservices@ultimatebet.com
To: @hotmail.com
Subject: RE:spam
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 19:50:17 -0400

Dear Maria,

In order for us to be able to take the proper measures on this situation please send us the table name and/or number at which it took place.

Regards,

Karla
Customer Service Department

* * *

From: memberservices@ultimatebet.com

Dear Maria,

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

Attached to this e-mail you will find you Transaction History for this and the last month. Please let us know where did you experienced the situation described on your original e-mail since we could not find it with the information you first included.

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you need further assistance.

Laura
Customer Service Department

* * *

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

AngryCola
10-17-2005, 10:49 AM
UB support just keeps getting worse and worse.

Although, it was never very good to begin with.

Greg J
10-17-2005, 06:29 PM
I should keep a list of who i ban, and why. Most are spammers though.

This is from this post:
link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3624065&page=0&view=e xpanded&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

Names (most I banned):
GoldDigger
ChipsNChips22
franktheshrank
pokerstars05
pokerAAAA

Sorry that's all I got right now. There have been more.

Greg J
10-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Mike, seriously dude. It's party! What did you expect? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Mike Haven
10-17-2005, 07:34 PM
they may be Party support-staff rejects, but it's actually UB and i expected better, for some reason

must be because i think of it as Phil's site, and he is the man

Greg J
10-17-2005, 10:00 PM
I saw that answer and I just KNEW it was Party for some reason. Ignore me.

Mike Haven
10-17-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ignore me.