PDA

View Full Version : 3 hands....what to do what to do

10-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Hi all.

The following are three hands all from the 10+1 Party sng's that forced me to make tough decisions. I've decided to cram them all in one thread as opposed to starting 3 threads. All comments are appreciated. I should also note that the converter wasn't working for me so I apologize for the iffy structure.

Hand #1
Blinds(25/50)
Hero (t1310)
villain t(575)
Dealt to Hero [ 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
1 folds.
2 folds.
villain calls [50].
3 folds.
4 folds.
Hero checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Hero checks.
villain bets [250].
Hero?

So I flop mid pair and flush draw with this BB special that I would otherwise fold. Villain bets 250 and I know he's got me beat at this moment. My thougts are if I commit half his chips then I'm committing all of his chips. Do I go for this draw against pot odds or do I fold and just tell myself I wouldn't have played it had it not been on BB?

Hand #2
8 Players
Blinds (25/50)
Hero (t1205)
villain 1 (t300)
villain 2 (t1940)
Dealt to Hero [ Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
1 folds.
2 folds.
villain 1 is all-In [300]
3 folds.
villain 2 raises [700]
2 left to act...
Hero?

Is this an easy push? Should the reraise concern me at the 10+1's or is it usually a sign of weakness? If it were Kings or Aces I would push easy. But what about Queens? I have no real reads on either villain at this stage of the sng.

Hand #3
7 players
Blinds (25/50)
Hero (t2760)
villain 1 (t825)
villain 2 (t440)
Blinds(25/50)
Dealt to Hero [ T /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
villain 1 raises [100].
1 folds.
villain 2 is all-In [440]
3 left to act...
Hero?

So I have the big stack at the table. 10 10 looks better to me with a [censored] load of chips early on in a sng. Should I use these chips in this situation by pushing in hopes that it will force villain 1 out? Wasn't sure what to do in this situation.

I appreciate you taking time to read these hands.

10-15-2005, 11:59 AM
The first hand I would lay down for sure.
This hand does not need to affect you that much. No need to gamble, you are better than the others.

The second situation I would push. QQ is a strong hand to go against someone who it looks like was trying to make an isolation play. He probably has TT or AK, AQ.

The last hand, I would definately call the all-in, he could be pushing with much weaker hands.

-MG