PDA

View Full Version : How bad did I misplay this one?

ajohnson16
10-15-2005, 06:58 AM
FullTiltPoker Game #252821735: $4 + $0.40 Sit & Go (for Token) (1624563), Table 1 - 50/100 - No Limit Hold'em - 6:41:11 ET - 2005/10/15
Seat 1: Hero (3,230)
Seat 6: SB (5,360)
Seat 8: BB (4,910)
SB posts the small blind of 50
BB posts the big blind of 100
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif]
Hero raises to 350
SB folds
BB calls 250
*** FLOP *** [9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif]
BB bets 750
Hero raises to 1,500
BB calls 750
*** TURN *** [9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif] [T/images/graemlins/spade.gif]
BB bets 3,060, and is all in
Hero calls 1,380, and is all in
BB shows [K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero shows [K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif]
Uncalled bet of 1,680 returned to BB
*** RIVER *** [9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif] [5/images/graemlins/heart.gif]
BB shows a straight, Ace high
Hero shows a straight, King high
BB wins the pot (6,510) with a straight, Ace high
Hero stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6,510 | Rake 0
Board: [9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif]
Seat 1: Hero (button) showed [K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif] and lost with a straight, King high
Seat 6: SB (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 8: BB (big blind) showed [K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] and won (6,510) with a straight, Ace high

Other information: BB was bluffing with a pot bet almost almost all tournament. I'd seen him get called multiple times and folded to a raise a few times. I felt he was stronger here though due to him waiting before he pot bet (it was usually very very quick), so I wanted to extract a lot of chips and had planned on pushing any turn that I didn't think could hurt me (club). Should I have pushed the flop? Thanks.

splashpot
10-15-2005, 07:21 AM
Pushing the flop works, but I don't think they way you played it is terrible.

10-15-2005, 09:32 AM
I think most people with AK would have re-raised PF, so you shouldn't worry too much about it later.

Scuba Chuck
10-15-2005, 09:37 AM
I think you're splitting this pot most of the time, with a small percentage of the time winning by beating a lower straight. I find it rare that you lose here, and so calling is correct. I think it's strange that the BB did not raise his AK pf (and perhaps even worse that he called on the flop).

More importantly, I would have raised more on the flop.

Sciolist
10-15-2005, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pushing the flop works, but I don't think they way you played it is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]