PDA

View Full Version : Punished for being out of position

slavic
05-30-2003, 02:10 PM
The hand immediatly after my KQ laydown to AA
Paradise 1/2 donator still in.

I'm UTG +1 and get 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

UTG limps, I limp, folds to poster who checks, 2 LP limps, sb folds, BB raises (DOH), All call to the poster who folds, then the tables donator decides he likes the betting idea, and makes it 3, all call.

I'm shaking my head at my sevens. I feel like I got roped into Helmuth's preflop 7 strategy.

5 see the flop

3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

err so much for help. second best pair on a 3 raise board.

Check to the Donator who bets, BB calls, UTG calls, hmm 18.5 to 1 that's pretty close, I call, MP calls.

5 see turn: K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Wow this has just gone from bad to worse. 3rd best pair with a 3 flush and I have a 2 outer. Let's see magic 8 ball says "FOLD you stupid SLOTH!", err what does a magic 8 ball know anyway?

Checks to the donator who bets, BB calls, UTG folds, I only getting 12.5 to one call, MP folds.

River 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Wow spiked it. BB checks, I bet, Donator calls, BB calls

Donator had QQ, BB had AJ
My 7's held for a nice pot.

Umm what to say, dumb luck? Advertising? I know better? Oh yea I was on tilt from having AA outdraw me? err no, I was very rationaly and knowingly throwing good money after bad.

Barry
05-30-2003, 02:19 PM
Hmm... Let me count the ways

Preflop, 1st limp OK, cold calling 2 when its back to you, is wrong, especially after a limp reraise.

Flop - Fold
Turn - Fold
River - Checkraise

Another unanimous verdict on every street?

slavic
05-30-2003, 02:39 PM
It wasn't two cold PF, even a dense slug like me can figure that one out. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Barry
05-30-2003, 02:45 PM
OK fine... I misread the preflop section.

05-30-2003, 04:18 PM
Limping was ok. Calling the first raise, hmmm, maybe. Yup, I've been caught like this before but I would have folded on the re-raise. Flop - fold. Turn - no comment /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Don't make this a habit - may make you results-oriented and it can be terribly expensive.

Bob T.
05-31-2003, 03:40 AM
You got trapped preflop, but there wasn't really anything that I would do different. On the flop, you have about the right odds to call, I would call, and take a look at the turn.

On the turn, however, I think that your call is terrible, you don't have enough odds to draw to your hand, and even if you hit it, you might be drawing almost dead against a flush.

On the river, I think that betting out is a lot better choice than checkraising, if you checkraise, you are risking a three bet.

So, three out of four streets, were ok.