PDA

View Full Version : So who are the big name pros that are broke

Big Bend
10-15-2005, 01:03 AM
I keep hearing, especially on the tournament circuit, that a bunch of big name pros are busted, on the rail, have to be staked. So who are they? How'd they lose their $$, and who gives them the funds to keep going..

I read this (http://bluffmagazine.com/magazine/2005_08_14.asp) about how Gus Hansen might have run thru his cash in the big games. C'mon, lets here some juicy gossip, even if they're not true.

Curious and nosy.. BB

whiskeytown
10-15-2005, 01:09 AM
I heard Annie Duke and Jennifer Harman have some torrid lesbian love affair going on....they're trying to get Evelyn Ng in there for a threesome.

(hey, you asked for rumors)

most useless reply I've ever posted.

RB

10-15-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

...most useless reply I've ever posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

You underrate yourself - in this instance.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Matt24
10-15-2005, 03:08 AM
Matusow was backed by Seidel in his last 10k event. You can read a great artcile about Matusow on cardplayer. Sorry no link

JihadOnTheRiver
10-15-2005, 03:18 AM
I'm broke, but professional life is hard. Some people have no idea what the variance can do to you at 300/600 cent holdem. It was a long grind, but it ate me up. Now I'm just drinking.

MelK
10-15-2005, 10:44 AM
I hear David Sklansky is so broke that he has turned to religion to compensate.

benfranklin
10-15-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I read this (http://bluffmagazine.com/magazine/2005_08_14.asp) about how Gus Hansen might have run thru his cash in the big games.

[/ QUOTE ]

You try to repeat crap rumors, and you can't even get them right?

The link you gave didn't say Gus was broke, it said there were rumors (rumors = gossip = not proven fact) that Gus lost a lot of money in the side games at the 2004 WSOP, and that he was avoiding the side games at the 2005 WSOP in order to keep his bankroll for the main event.

Also, a lot of pros have plenty of money and still prefer to be staked. Annie Duke says in her book that she never plays tournaments on her own money, only cash games.

10-16-2005, 02:40 AM
Hey, did she say why ? I mean I know the obvious reasons why, but I thought coming from mathematical stand point that maybe she explained herself as to why ?

DesertCat
10-18-2005, 12:10 AM
Since Gus was playing in Bobby's room yesterday, I'm guessing he's been able to locates some cash somewhere? He was at a table with Jennifer Harmon, and David Grey. Doyle, Ivey, BarryG and some other well known pros were playing there as well.

I think Jennifer was checking me out. She saw how badly I was whipping the $2-$5 NL table, and was trying to pickup some pointers...

henrikrh
10-18-2005, 07:13 AM
Doyle recently said that Gus had returned to big cash games and was doing better this time around.

MCS
10-18-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doyle recently said that Gus had returned to big cash games and was doing better this time around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say that about fish in my game too.

Quicksilvre
10-18-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Jennifer was checking me out. She saw how badly I was whipping the $2-$5 NL table, and was trying to pickup some pointers...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL