PDA

View Full Version : For all of you who fear the Rock Garden.

Exsubmariner
10-15-2005, 12:32 AM
Know that the 6 max games on the old party network are cuddly snuggly fuzzy soft.

Also, if you are not comfy with 6max, you can still take on the rocks. The secret is blind stealing. Lots and lots of blind stealing. There's gold in them thar blinds.

X

FishHooks
10-15-2005, 01:00 AM
I just started playing 6 max at the skins to clear the bonuses as well as absolute. These games are VERY soft. Its definatly worth trying out, I'm 7 tabeling these things now and am going through bonuses fast.

jman220
10-15-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Know that the 6 max games on the old party network are cuddly snuggly fuzzy soft.

Also, if you are not comfy with 6max, you can still take on the rocks. The secret is blind stealing. Lots and lots of blind stealing. There's gold in them thar blinds.

X

[/ QUOTE ]

Limit or no limit?

Exsubmariner
10-15-2005, 03:54 AM
Limit, of course. The only game I really play for long durations. Takes more skill than no limit, IMO. Thus, I enjoy it more.

X

trentcroad
10-15-2005, 06:24 AM
Looks like the skins are only good for whoring now. Shame really.

PugX
10-15-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Limit, of course. The only game I really play for long durations. Takes more skill than no limit, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why more skill in Limit?

Synergistic Explosions
10-15-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like the skins are only good for whoring now. Shame really.

[/ QUOTE ]

They appear to be the #3 poker network on the internet. I see no problems with their games being non playable for profits. I think players there benefit with all the top players fleeing to Party.

Swedebubba
10-15-2005, 02:21 PM
I think they are alittle farther down then #3.

10-15-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think they are a little farther down then #3.

[/ QUOTE ]
A lot farther.

The skins show 8400 players right now.
UB has 11900.
Paradise has 11000.
Absolute has 10500.
Pokerroom has 9500.

Didn't look at PP and Stars, because they're obvious. Pacific doesn't say. Don't have any Primas installed, so I don't know that one, but the skins look like they're #7 at best.

They're ahead of FT and the Cryptos, though.

FishHooks
10-15-2005, 03:29 PM
thats because this whole deal happend. Give it a couple weeks and the skins to start reloading like crazy and they will be back to #2.

10-15-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thats because this whole deal happend. Give it a couple weeks and the skins to start reloading like crazy and they will be back to #2.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Back to" implies they were there in the first place. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

And they HAVE been reloading like crazy. Empire and Euro both hung big bonuses out there right after the split. If anything, people are leaving because they find the reloads hard to clear.

The "stay tuned" thing at Empire might cause a temporary spike, but I don't see them gaining too much. Certainly not close to enough to overtake Stars.

rusellmj
10-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Been doing the reload at Empire last couple days. It's a ghost town. The players are still awful though. If they want to nut peddle fine.

Tues. & Wed. did the party reload. Typical Asylum. After clearing a bonus at UB last week it's like night & day. Makes you wonder WTF am I doing trying to squeek out this bonus for when the special bus is showing up fully loaded at Party.

Absolute looks like it's growing. Might have to put some money in there.

FishHooks
10-15-2005, 04:56 PM
My normall game is 2/4 full, but I've been playing 1/2 6 max at party skins and absolute to clear the bonuses faster and I find the games to be very soft.

lefty rosen
10-15-2005, 07:08 PM
Too easy to play pockets for sets? That's all I can think of.....

jman220
10-15-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing that everyone is forgetting in this whole "The skins have shrunk, but they might regrow" argument, is that we never really knew how big the skins network was. The numbers we had always included Party. For all we know, 8,000 is average for the skins, or maybe even above average because of some of the bonuses being offered. Its hard to say that the skins will bounce back and grow a lot more members when we don't know how large they were in the first place.

dgoldsmith
10-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Believe me the fish are still here ....

I'm still working on MultiPoker reloads for October. I cleared RELOAD1 before the split, was working on RELOAD2 before and since the split. Had been playing NL $25 full and did see a big drop in percentage of raked hands to total hands as tables tightened up so I decided to give 6-max a try. A few more hands tonight and I'll clear RELOAD2. I only did partial deposits for RELOAD3-5 but I don't expect to have any problems clearing them on the 6-max tables. Then on to the Empire and Eurobet reloads.

Six 4-table 6-max sessions (45 minutes to 2 hours - most around 1 hour) - my stats are:

Hands: 2274
Raked (0.05): 1267
Raked (0.10+): 919
VP$IP: 21.06
W$SF: 42.3
WSD%: 25.7
W$SD: 53.7

Won: $198.57
BB/100: 17.5

When players with stats like 65/39 84/23 85/44 and 86/0 yell and scream at the hands they "can't believe you played that", you know you're on a good table.

I may be running hot the last couple of days but there are still fish to fry.

Dave

Exsubmariner
10-16-2005, 01:36 AM
All I can come up with is:

"It's soooo hard to protect my hand."

X