PDA

View Full Version : I tilt & become loose during a winning session, any advise?

BlueBear
05-30-2003, 11:28 AM
Hi,

Typically after a good winning poker session, I tend to play much much looser and my success clouds my judgement, for example, for example, i may push marginal hands to hard and tend to overbluff. Does anybody here for any advise what I can do to control myself from playing too loosely? Do any of you stop playing when your profit has reached a certain limit?

dogsballs
05-30-2003, 12:19 PM
Do any of you stop playing when your profit has reached a certain limit?

Stuff about stopping at cerain points of winning/losing is crap! It might help as a stop-gap if you can't otherwise control yourself from descending into fishy play. But the best option is to understand that you're best off continuing to play the way you know is best for your bankroll. One way you might help yourself is to understand why you've won/lost that session so far, eg "I scooped a big pot when I drew out earlier, and made a chunk before that when their multiple draws failed to come in" or "those two big pots I lost because my opps got lucky and made their flush against the odds".

Understanding the hows and whys of your results is far, far better than just setting trite rules for yourself about stop-losses or stop-wins.

dogs

lorinda
05-30-2003, 01:33 PM
This might well have nothing to do with whether you are winning or losing, it is very possible you are just playing sessions that are too long, and only notice your worse play when you are winning.

Lori

Joe Tall
05-30-2003, 01:46 PM
I answered a post with the basically the same question titled, 'Another variation of tilt' in the Psychology section...since I had the same issue and have seemingly leveled it out.

Check it out!

RollaJ
05-30-2003, 02:33 PM
Deep Thoughts

It seems the obvious answer is stop winning and you wont lose..........

--Jack Handy

dogsballs
05-30-2003, 11:49 PM
Rollaj, I just think you make me drink more when you say stuff like this... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif