PDA

View Full Version : computer illiterate monitor question

10-14-2005, 11:39 PM
I am looking for a monitor to handle 4 tables(no overlay). I first went to Best Buy and looked at two that would handle 1600 x 1200. I believe the cheaper one was a Samsung for around $650. I dont remember the model # or anything and the website is currently down right now, so I can't look it up. Should I look somewhere else? Also, any other upgrades needed for this? Thanks

jrbick
10-15-2005, 05:12 AM
Hey Jeff and welcome.

your best buy is easily the Dell 2001FP 20.1" you'll quickly find out that it's everyone's favorite monitor around here; mostly just for the price - lots of monitor for your dollar.

geti.com currently has coupons that puts the price down at 420 something (I just ordered my second one) not including shipping/tax.

Good luck around the forums and take notice of the "search" function. A lot of times your questions are easily and quickly answered by using it.

10-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the help
I have been lurking this site for a while, but have just recently discovered many of its uses.

KenProspero
10-18-2005, 11:51 PM
The first question I'd ask is what graphics card do you have? Will it be able to handle 1600 x 1200?

If not, getting a monitor with this capability won't help.