PDA

View Full Version : HERE'S how to clear a bonus at Empire

10-14-2005, 09:26 PM
http://tinypic.com/ekg7s3.jpg

Bad news for most people: you can only play at the beginners tables during your first 45 days at party and skins.

For those who can play these, about 110 raked hands per hour this way. Both .15/.30 and the $5 no limit pots are raked when they reach $1. My first time multitabling, wasn't too hard against these players.

Homer
10-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Just looking at that screenshot makes me want to kill myself. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TobDog
10-14-2005, 09:36 PM
I wish my Empire 2-4 games had those VPIP$ numbers!

Losing all
10-14-2005, 11:22 PM
You know you can turn the cartoon characters off.

Nice vpip's BTW

KSOT
10-14-2005, 11:28 PM
You sir, are my hero.

This will make Eurobet doable for me with this tough schedule.

MyTurn2Raise
10-14-2005, 11:50 PM
I appreciate the holla, but sometimes your desire to help 2+2ers should be tempered by letting them in on your personal goldmine.

10-14-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I appreciate the holla, but sometimes your desire to help 2+2ers should be tempered by letting them in on your personal goldmine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, is this a new revelation that beginners tables on the party network might be weak? Who would have guessed? Next you'll tell me that Boss sites have bad players, too.

J_B
10-15-2005, 12:15 AM
Fish added. ty.

KSOT
10-15-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, is this a new revelation that beginners tables on the party network might be weak? Who would have guessed? Next you'll tell me that Boss sites have bad players, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 'secret' here is not that beginners tables are easier, it's that you can clear raked hands towards bonuses for much less risk.

BruinEric
10-15-2005, 12:36 AM
To receive credit for a raked hand, your rake share must be $.01 or higher. This means your pot must be raked $0.10 when more than 5 people are seated.

So don't panic if your pot is raked $.05 and you don't see your raked hand counter increase.

ackid
10-15-2005, 01:08 AM
Ok time for some serious hijacking here.

How do you get the stats from PT to show on the Empire screen?

froggy527
10-15-2005, 01:15 AM
Go to the software forum and look look for "Poker Ace Hud"
it's free and a must have!

jman220
10-15-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who still uses Gametime+?

grjr
10-15-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta love PokerAce on Party with the mucked hands popup.

ackid
10-15-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Go to the software forum and look look for "Poker Ace Hud"
it's free and a must have!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill check it out. Thanks.

edfurlong
10-15-2005, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

TeeEffDee
10-15-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

I have it pinned to my Start Menu.

pzhon
10-15-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The 'secret' here is not that beginners tables are easier, it's that you can clear raked hands towards bonuses for much less risk.

[/ QUOTE ]
The real risk is that you waste your time making less than $20/hour from these tables instead of improving your game so that you can move up to levels where you can win $50/hour or more.

10-15-2005, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, so its a "secret" that easy tables have less risk. Thanks for that revelation.

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

10-15-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will now close this loophole.

THE EMPIRE

KSOT
10-16-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, so its a "secret" that easy tables have less risk. Thanks for that revelation.

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ almighty! It's not that the tables are easier, it's that they are microlimit and you can pay a much smaller rake to constitute the same raked hand as one you earn for every $5 pot at the regular limits.

I breezed through my empire bonus after I learned of this and I will do the same with Euro tomorrow.

10-16-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ almighty! It's not that the tables are easier, it's that they are microlimit and you can pay a much smaller rake to constitute the same raked hand as one you earn for every $5 pot at the regular limits.

I breezed through my empire bonus after I learned of this and I will do the same with Euro tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH! So a 15c/30c game takes less rake than a $1/2 game? THAT IS THE SECRET!

Thank you for more reassurance that the vast majority of poker players are morons.

KeysrSoze
10-16-2005, 06:45 PM
Chill out, I think he's just saying that most people assume the rake structure is the same in microlimit games as regular .5/1 and up and bonuses would be hard to clear at micro games there, when actually its not (you only need a $2 pot for it to count as a raked hand, instead of $5 at .5/1). The question should be why would he want to educate the masses about this before his 45 days are up and he's still able to play at the beginners tables? Thats like clueing people in on your prize fishing hole before your catch limit is reached.

10-16-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chill out, I think he's just saying that most people assume the rake structure is the same in microlimit games as regular .5/1 and up and bonuses would be hard to clear at micro games there, when actually its not (you only need a $2 pot for it to count as a raked hand, instead of $5 at .5/1). The question should be why would he want to educate the masses about this before his 45 days are up and he's still able to play at the beginners tables? Thats like clueing people in on your prize fishing hole before your catch limit is reached.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, well, I've already cleared the bonus, and I don't really want to hang out in the beginner's tables anymore. And there won't be any more empire bonuses in the 10 days or so that I have left.

I did notice that the final time I played in the $5 no limit tables, they had tightened up considerably. Maybe a coincidence, maybe 2+2ers filling the tables.

theben
10-16-2005, 07:42 PM
i was always under the impression you needed the rake=.10, or have ppl in the hand contrib. .01 to the rake for it to count? im not sure if a .05 RH for a full ring counts

KSOT
10-16-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The question should be why would he want to educate the masses about this before his 45 days are up and he's still able to play at the beginners tables? Thats like clueing people in on your prize fishing hole before your catch limit is reached.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't. The OP did.

Bradyams
10-16-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://tinypic.com/ekg7s3.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

You need allSnap dude.

Rasputin
10-17-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Does PokerAce work with FullTilt?

BruinEric
10-17-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was always under the impression you needed the rake=.10, or have ppl in the hand contrib. .01 to the rake for it to count? im not sure if a .05 RH for a full ring counts

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding:

Your rake share must equal $0.01 or more. Therefore, a rake of $0.10 (done on pots >=$2) is needed unless there are five or less seated at the table. In that case a rake of $0.05 (done on pots >=$1) works.

PokerAce
10-19-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No. Does PokerAce work with FullTilt?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does.