PDA

View Full Version : SOCOM 3: Game Report (Semi Long)

Crveballin
10-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Just released last Tuesday. So far the game is pretty bad ass. Takes a little to get used to from SOCOM 2 but well worth it.

Pros:

The addition of the vehicles makes the game move pretty quickly and a lot more exciting. The vehicles do not dominate the game either like they did in Battle Strike. The drivers and passengers of the vehicles can be killed pretty handily with good aim and fire power. Hummers, tanks, boats, and trucks can all be used in muliplayer battles.

Also, the addition of 16 on 16 is nice. The bigger boards allow for more spreadout action allowing for different strategies and different tactics. Customizable boards are a great feature as well. Boards can be played in demolition, suppression, convoy, and capture the flag (I think).

Customizable weapons is a new feature. Any gun can be silenced, carry M203 Frags, laser site, 4XScopes etc. In SOCOM 2, people complained about the seals having better guns. This version, its not as prevalent because of the customizable weapons. Along with weapons choices, each choice factors in to your player speed. Equipment large scopes, M203 Frags and rocket launchers weighs the player down and adversly affects the players speed.

Adjustable Spawn spots allow you to change your start location in different areas of the board. You can do this once you have been killed. Also, the addition of in game friends invites are a convenient addition. Before you had to exit out of the game you were in. Now invitation can be sent to teammates or opponets with the click of a button.

So far, I have not seen any problems with lag of any kind. Most of their updates from the previous version have been addressed.

Cons:
A couple of concerns playing multiplayer. Names of teammates do not appear quickly and can often be confused with opponets resulting in accidental team kills. I have a feeling a patch could fix this. Graphics are comparable however to SOCOM 2.

To join clans or add people to friends lists, you have to register your copy of SOCOM 3 with a credit card and address. This may bother some, but it is to prevent cheaters and "glichers" because they can be kicked off the network.

Headsets can only communicate to people in your general vacinity. This is used to help prevent lag that plagued SOCOM 2.

My Screen Name for SOCOM 3 is Crveballin. Lets get a game going one of these nights.

Matador225
10-15-2005, 12:09 AM
Yea I had Socom 2 and I got 3 a few days ago. It is definitely badass. Think I'll go play it now... /images/graemlins/cool.gif