PDA

View Full Version : $16 turbo - Am I good here?

housenuts
10-14-2005, 07:59 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG (t1625)
MP1 (t3190)
MP2 (t2175)
<font color="#C00000">CO (t1080)</font>
Button (t1895)
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t1450)</font>
BB (t2085)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls t50, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t100</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls t50.

Flop: (t350) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (t350) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t250</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t500</font>, Hero calls t250.

River: (t1350) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t480 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t480.

Final Pot: t2310

pineapple888
10-14-2005, 08:16 PM
I prefer to raise it up pre-flop as I explained in my response to your earlier post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3673432&amp;page=2&amp;view=c ollapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1).

Check the turn: OK

Flop: You took a shot when a scare card fell, but got re-raised. I think it's a big, big mistake to call.

River: I just don't get it. What are you hoping to beat?

If you were very confident he was bluffing with two overs, well done, but making a habit of this is clearly and hugely -EV to me.

Iamafish
10-14-2005, 08:18 PM
No.

Level 3, save your chips. I do kinda like the turn bet depending on the situation/reads. But its just to early to try anything fancy.

darkcore
10-14-2005, 08:26 PM
just curious, but on what handrange do you put the villian here? do you have any reads?

raise preflop. people treat AT as monsterhand in this game.

the check at the flop is okay.

and it's okay to try and take the pot down at the turn, but hero plays the board, so hero should be done with the hand after villians reraise.

housenuts
10-14-2005, 08:47 PM
i just had a gut feeling on this one. no reads but my instincts were going based on the time it took him to bet/check. i really felt like i was good and he had some mid-ace. i don't see him checking that flop with any part of it. this leads me to believe he has nothing.

he raised when that 4 came. clearly the 4 didn't help him. he raised PF so if he has diamonds they are probably diamonds J+. i think he would have bet this flop with two overs and a flush draw. he didn't. it just smelled like a bluff.

i planned on check-calling the river unless a diamond came, then i'd have to give it up.

he showed JQ. i can't remember if one of them was a diamond.

this isn't a play i do regularly, but in this case i just felt i was good.

darkcore
10-14-2005, 09:18 PM
i still don't like your play, but fwiw: i'm, weak-tight.

[ QUOTE ]
... no reads but my instincts were going based on the time it took him to bet/check. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

never do that. never...

housenuts
10-14-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i still don't like your play, but fwiw: i'm, weak-tight.

[ QUOTE ]
... no reads but my instincts were going based on the time it took him to bet/check. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

never do that. never...

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. i'm not saying i do it regularly but if you pay attention you can get a feel for how guys act. sure it will be wrong some time, but it's just another number to throw in the formula.

this time it wasn't based on previous actions of his. it's just how it made me feel. i'm often not scared to act on my instincts. i don't know if that's good or bad.

SCfuji
10-15-2005, 01:24 AM
i like a reraise pf although mini raises from a stack like the co does worry me a tad. i dont like showing down this ak (ive done it and won but gotta admit we were both very very lucky as this is -$ in the longrun).

Nick M
10-15-2005, 02:47 AM
personally i would be wondering why the CO didn't bet the flop, and then raised the turn 4 of diamonds. I would think he had the Ace of diamonds, set of tens, or complete garbage. I will say this though...if he was bluffing the river he's a complete jackass. 480 bluff on the river when the pot is laying you almost 4 to 1 on the call. I would call here with a good 9 weak 10. What i don't get is what you flat called on the turn for??? I mean what did you put him on??? Surely if you thought your hand was good you would of re-raised all in...and certainly if you thought you were good and villian had the Ace of diamonds. So the call really confuses me.

FWIW I don't think i would have gotten into this situation in the first place. I would have re-raised preflop and tried to take it down. I 8 table the 16 turbos btw and I believe the 225 in the pot preflop, at this level, is worth more than getting into a reading battle when multitabling. But If you were Single tabling, than maybe you want to mix it up with the ace high because you've been focused on the table. That of course is your call.

10-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Like others, I would have re-raised PF.

But, unlike others, I'm not fond of the check on the flop. You don't want to give him a free card if he is on a flush or straight draw, do you? Then again, you didn't seem to be scared by the diamond on the turn, so maybe you were hoping he'd take the free card and then bluff? I'd try to push him off a draw (or see him call with insufficient odds).

BTW, I usually figure tempo breaks are caused by need for action at another table or checking e-mail or whatever, rather than indecision. With all the potential distractions possible it seems dangerous to base online reads on tempo.

Sciolist
10-15-2005, 09:10 AM
No

-Skeme-
10-15-2005, 12:50 PM
I don't always reraise this preflop, but I'm definitely not playing pots with it after I miss. The only thing you beat is a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif getting tricky. It's much more likely he has an overpair or set.