PDA

View Full Version : Vault and Deleted posts

durron597
10-14-2005, 07:29 PM
I was thinking (depending on the cost to Mat and 2+2) we should have a Vault forum (invisible like this forum) that all of us would be moderators of (so we can move stuff out of it) and that instead of deleting threads we would just move stuff there. Another similar idea would have Mat be the only Mod of it and if we want to un-delete something it would have to go through him. This way if there's ever a need to un-delete a thread we can do so.

Thoughts?

Mike Haven
10-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Genius.

[censored]
10-14-2005, 07:57 PM
what's the concern of posts being deleted? It seems highly ulikely that anything resembling a strategy gem would ever be deleted. Is there really any possibility of a post that is deleted being so valuable to warrant the effort of creating the forum and the Mat or Chuck sorting through it regularly?

Mat Sklansky
10-14-2005, 08:04 PM
If there is ever any serious doubt, an individual post or thread can be moved temporariliy to this forum

durron597
10-14-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not my idea, we did this on the last board I was an administrator of.

Mike Haven
10-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Plagiarist.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BottlesOf
10-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Yea I never udnerstood why were so concerned about the deletion issue either. I don't see any mod banning anything that had any value or couldn't be easily recreated...

MrWookie47
10-15-2005, 11:52 AM
The only thing I can think of is threads of debatable comedic value in OOT, like the Jesus gimmick acct. thread from about a week ago. I think anything that gets deleted out of a strategy forum would be something with a very good cause. OOT is by nature much more of a gray area.

Jim Kuhn
10-15-2005, 12:47 PM
I think a vault forum would be a good idea. It would be useful when a poster claims 'why did I get banned - I didn't do anything wrong' and the post has been deleted.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif