PDA

View Full Version : Would you play this differently?

Leapus
10-14-2005, 07:02 PM
25/50 level in 100+9 STT. 9 players left. Stacks between 750 and 1400. Me, SB, with 980 chips. 5 limpers to me with QQ in the small blind.

I make it 500 -- I want no more than one caller. I'd be happy with the 300 or so on the table already.

Results of the hand irrelevant (I lost to JJ who pushed his 750 stack back at me from late position)

Do you like the size of the raise?

Thanks

Leapus

Seth Money
10-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Good post Leapus,

The way that you played it was good. Like you said you really would only hope for one caller, if you bump it up to 250 you open the door for more callers and ultimately by going to 500 your telling the others that you are pretty much committing to this hand and well there are 9 players left at this level.

The results suck that you lost to JJ but I don't see anything wrong with how you played.

Seth

JudoGirl
10-14-2005, 09:12 PM
I don't play the 100's, so my opinion is probably worthless. But I'm always happy to give an opinion /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Except for the rare cases in which an EP player was slowplaying AA or KK, you are probably way ahead. Each additional limper had more reason to raise if he had a strong hand, and strong disincentive for just calling. However, each additional limper had better pot odds likely inducing them to call with weaker hands.

A big, fat raise is almost a required move here. A late position limper who reraises you all in will almost always have a smaller pair or AK.

Additionally, if AK knows you have QQ, the size of the pot (given all the limpers), makes this an easy reraise all in for him. It is positive EV for both of you to get all in. JJ, though, is a donk and I'm glad to see that such things happen at the 100 level.

microbet
10-14-2005, 09:48 PM
I don't think it's really a big difference, but with 5 limpers I'd just push.