PDA

View Full Version : Playing two sites at once

chopchoi
10-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Today, I was playing two ring-game tables at Party (bonus whoring) and a tourney at Poker Room.

At the tourney, I get JJ in MP. I'm waiting for it to be my turn. It's my turn to act, and I'm about to raise it, when all of a sudden, a Party table pops up. I have KQo im LP. I don't want to auto-check, because How I play this hand depends alot on what happens before me. So I click the Pokerroom table, trying to bring it into the foreground, so I can make my raise and then decide what to do on the Party table once it's my turn to act. The problem is that the Party table stays in the foreground; I can't get the Pokerroom table to come up. So I say screw it, and check the call button on the Party table. Now I can bring up the Pokerroom table, as I'm maneuvering my mouse over to the raise slider, the other Party table pops up. I have some trash hand, so I click the fold button. Then the other Party table pops up. It's me and the blinds, and one of them has bet at a J,9,3 flop. I don't have time to think, so I fold. Then I get back to the Pokerroom table, and the timer is running out. There are 2 limpers, and I don't have time to make the 6x BB raise I want to make. So I hit the raise button, which ofcourse is a min-raise. I get 2 more callers.

The flop is 6,9,T, 2 spades. someone makes a min-bet, and I raise a little more than the pot. One player after me calls, so does the original bettor. The turn is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif. It checks to me. I only have enough chips to bet the pot, so I push, and the button calls with QJ.

The thing is, if I had been able to bring up the Pokerroom table when I wanted to, I would have had time to make a propper raise with my jacks, and wouldn't have had to autocall on Party either. Once I saw it was me and the blinds, I could have raised and might have succeeded in stealing.

Is there any way to adjust the settings on my computer so that I can control which table appears in the foreground?

YourFoxyGrandma
10-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Set your resolution higher than 800x600.

chopchoi
10-14-2005, 07:26 PM
How do I sey my resolution?

chopchoi
10-14-2005, 07:30 PM
o.k. i figured that out, but it was already set to 1024 by 768, which is as high as it will go, and the problem occurred anyway.

chopchoi
10-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Can someone please help me out here?

I seem to run into this problem every time party has a bonus. I just can't bring myself to play at their weak structured SNG's, so I play Party ring games and goto PR for my SNG fix. But I really hate Party's pop-up feature. I need to disable it, if possible.

valejo
10-15-2005, 06:14 AM
1. Download TweakUI for the version of windows you are running (it is a free "PowerToy" provided by Microsoft). You can control the GUI so that windows are not allowed to steal focus.

2. Buy a monitor setup suitable for multitabling. Even if you do so, you should still get TweakUI and turn on X-Mouse. You'll love it.

SCfuji
10-15-2005, 06:22 AM
i have tweakui but what does the x-mouse do?

edit: nevermind im more stupid than stanzee. pretty handy.

valejo
10-15-2005, 06:26 AM
When you are multitabling, it keeps you from having to click the table to activate it. As long as you are hovering, the window is active and you can act.

Very valuable on 2-monitor 8-tabling setups as well as 4-tabling on a smallish monitor.