PDA

View Full Version : A few hands from my last session I wanted feedback on

UATrewqaz
10-14-2005, 06:23 PM
All of these hands are at Stars 1/2, every table was a rock garden (18-25 VPIP).

Edit: I added in my reasoning....

Hand 1.

I bet this river, thoughts?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

I figured if I check here he will 100% bluff bet and I would be forced to call, therefore I should just bet out myself and maybe he'll dump a bad spade.

Hand 2.

Is this just a poorly played hand period?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

QTs is decent for half price with good implied odds if I hit a big hand/draw thus the call. I flop top pair but am not in a position to checkraise to push people out, and the 2 diamonds aren't pretty. I just couldn't get away from the hand early enough I think.

Hand 3.

Weak fold on river?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

Reviewing the hand I HATE this fold. I figure villain most likely has an A and thinks his 2 pair on the board and A kicker are good. I can't see him calling my preflop raise with a 2 or 9... although I felt very "trapped" when he raised on the river, thus the fold.

Hand 4.

Did I give up on this AKo too soon?

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

Two queens on the board, I could be drawing all but dead, but I could easily still be best, I just check and fold...

Guruman
10-14-2005, 06:57 PM
--blind response--

hand 1: looks like you've got yerself a calling station there. I'm assuming you lead on the flop and turn because you didn't think you could get a C/R in? Clakrmeister says to bet this river. nh? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

----

hand 2: preflop is a marginal call at best vs a bunch of tighties. Implied odds arent as good and the risk of domination is high.

shouldnt go for a checkraise to protect this flop, because the bet will most likely come from the pfr. Instead, lead out so that he can raise and blow away the rest of the field.

turn check/call is probably the worst line. You picked up a gutshot, but if you discount it for the /images/graemlins/diamond.gifs you have to realize that you've got no odds at all here if you're behind. If you think that you're still ahead either checkraise or bet/threebet here. this is where I'd personally find a fold.

-----

hand 3:openraising from mp2 with 66 is also a little risky, but if you think you can buy the blinds often enough (and if the table isnt waking up and threebetting you) then more power to ya. I'd wait until at least the hijack before trying this. IMO fold&gt;raise&gt;call.

I'd checkraise that flop. If button puts you on overs he'll autobet there and trap himself for two. If he threebets you can get out early.

I like leading the turn when the board double pairs. You are likely way ahead here.

bet/folding the river is probably a bad line on this board. I think check/call is best, since he may have called you with any pocket pair from TT to 55, plus the usual over suspects. check/call gets you to showdown and can induce a bluff from Ax.

-----

hand 4: two cold callers at a tight table? hmmmm...

I think like to bet/call this flop and check/fold UI if someone played back. Your pf raise puts a Q in your range.
Check/folding may be best though. I have no idea.

sean c
10-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Bet/fold the river in hand one. I would have lead out or check/raised the flop in hand two.

lautzutao
10-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Hand 1: I check/fold. If you bet and he calls, he's got you beat. If you bet and he folds, you gain nothing. So you have to check. If you think he'll bluff here 100% of the time, then check/call is the way to go.

Hand 2: I bet that flop. If I get raised on the flop I call and check/fold the turn.

Hand 3: There are a lot of frequent coldcall hands with 9's in them. Not so many 2's. I still fold this river. villian's got a full house.

Hand 4: I check/call the flop. I'm not thrilled about betting out into this field, but I don't think I'm ahead...that make sense? I really don't think I'm 12:1 behind here though, which is what you need for a call.

PokerSparky
10-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Here's what I do in these hands:

Hand 1: Fine IMO.

Hand 2: I check raise the flop and lead the turn.

Hand 3: Call the river raise.

Hand 4: Lead the flop.