PDA

View Full Version : Saved a bet or lost a pot?

soko
10-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Nothing unordinary, $2/$4 BBJ tables at party, 4-5 people out of 10 seeing the flop on average, no PT stats on the guy but he is playing average/smart poker. I put him on overcards when he called the flop raise and checks the turn. If he thought I was raising with a flush draw then he wouldn't have bet the river, he rightfully thinks I am going to check it through.

The converter screwed up so I tried to repair the output, it was heads up on the flop when everybody after me folded to my raise.

Party Poker (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">UTG1 raises, Hero cold calls, 2 other callers behind.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 bet, Hero raise, CO folds, Button folds.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero bet, UTG+1 calls.

River: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 bets, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.5BB

I'm almost thinking I can win this hand one in 10 times, but what hands would be raise with preflop that don't have an ace and the chance of having a single spade is too great in my opinion, there is even the chance of a jack, QQ or KK, I just don't think I am good but still almost wished I called just to see it.

felix83
10-14-2005, 06:29 PM
PF raise is probably a good start. Hand doesn't play well multiway, you want to isolate.

shant
10-14-2005, 06:30 PM
3-bet preflop. Fold river.

soko
10-14-2005, 06:42 PM
Thanks, you're right I should have raised preflop, My justification was he might have jj,qq,kk,aa I dont want to waste too much money to find out so ill try and spike a set and that plan all changed once the flop came out, 9+ hours and a significant upswing has made me become more timid. Perhaps it's time for a break.

felix83
10-14-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, you're right I should have raised preflop, My justification was he might have jj,qq,kk,aa I dont want to waste too much money to find out so ill try and spike a set and that plan all changed once the flop came out, 9+ hours and a significant upswing has made me become more timid. Perhaps it's time for a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to sound rude, but I hope it's just this session that made you timid, because that is a losing way to think. Do you not raise JJ for the same reason? QQ? AK? He'll miss the flop more often than he hits it, so you'll be ahead. The less your play varies with your success in any one session, the more successful you'll be as a player.

goofball
10-14-2005, 07:52 PM
no spade, two overcards, good fold. oh, and 3bet PF.