PDA

View Full Version : party poker is STUPID!!!!

albert
05-30-2003, 02:35 AM
although ive read complaints about partys software,i finally got to experience first hand how horrible HORRIBLE it is. are they not making enough money to do a little upgrade? they are one of the older sites believe it or not. anyone that had try to play 2 table at the same time there will know what im talking about. also heard complaints about there customer service but i havent had to deal with them yet. if it wasnt for the fact that somehow they are able to attract soft games that place will be as dead as a graveyard.

Hung
05-30-2003, 02:44 AM
What kind of problems do you have when you play mutiple tables?

Legend27
05-30-2003, 04:14 AM
I've been playing at party/empire for awhile now and never had any problems with their software. I like their software much better than paradise or pokerstars. I agree their customer support people usually don't what's going on though. I usually play 3+ tables and I don't have a problem with that at all.

albert
05-30-2003, 04:21 AM
a good way to put it is the 2 tables lag from each other. sometimes the option to act doesnt appear for a few seconds, it switches you back and forth without proper timing. a good comparison is like driving a mercedes(ultimatebet and paradise) vs a clunky yugo(party poker) imho ub and paradise software are really smooth and it also has a good feel. stars also have pretty good software. if ultimatebet have a good selection of games i will play there exclusively. they have the best interface and its also extremely fast.

Hung
05-30-2003, 04:31 AM
if ultimatebet have a good selection of games i will play there exclusively. they have the best interface and its also extremely fast.

It's funny to hear this. A lot of people don't like the interface of UB. I do like it a lot too. And I have no problem finding a game. They have all kinds of games except Omaha hi. But if you're looking for Hold'em, they have it all. Big limits, NL. They have $2-$4 nl he now. The biggest NL used to be $0.50-1. They moved it up. They also have rebuy tournaments. Something new. During the time I played at empire they have added some new stuff.

Legend27
05-30-2003, 05:20 AM
If you're having lag from playing 2 tables at once it's because of your computer not party. I routinely play 5 tables at once and have no trouble what so ever.

MS Sunshine
05-30-2003, 02:50 PM
"if it wasnt for the fact that somehow they are able to attract soft games that place will be as dead as a graveyard. "

Where the fish go, the predators follow. This more than any other single thing has made Party #1, They have made great leaps in their software over the last year, IMO. I've been in two tournaments that froze, but outside of that I have no complaints. I'm low maintence as far as support goes and Live help usually gets any problem I have solved.

But I have read the posts about Party support issues here and see that this is problem that needs alot of work.

One last but. BUT it has so many really soft players and I consistently cash-out there so this is the site that I spend most of my time. I'm pretty shallow, where poker is concerned, but it is the cash that gets my wheels spinning. If I have to balance a cat on my head to win 2BB/hr then everyone in town will soon be calling me Cathead John

MS Sunshine

lorinda
05-30-2003, 03:04 PM
Cathead John wrote:

I've been in two tournaments that froze

Me too, but in fairness to Party on this occasion, I have played in three.

Lori

Mike Haven
05-30-2003, 03:09 PM
If I have to balance a cat on my head to win 2BB/hr then everyone in town will soon be calling me Cathead John

I see! It has all become clear, now!

So the reason for your present nickname is because you have had to play poker with a Private Dick balanced on your head?