PDA

View Full Version : JJ with Live Straddle

GuyOnTilt
05-30-2003, 02:01 AM
Playing 4/8 B&M at the same loose/passive table.

LAG posts a live straddle. UTG raises, folds to MP who caps, MP2 calls, folds to me. I'm in the SB and see J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif . I say something about good enough odds and cold-call the 4 bets. BB folds, LAG calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls. 5 to the flop for 16 SB's.

Flop comes: T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

I bet out, LAG calls, EP calls, MP1 raises, MP2 cold-calls. I 3-bet, LAG folds, EP folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls. 3 to the turn for 27 SB's.

Turn comes: 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif [T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif ]

I bet out, MP1 raises, MP2 cold-calls, I 3-bet, MP1 thinks for a while and then calls, and MP2 calls. I stand up and tell the dealer, "Ten tokes for a red card," which gets people at the tables talking. 3 to the river for 22.5 BB's.

River comes: 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif [6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif ]

I say, "That'll work," and toss out a bet without hesitation. MP1 calls time and thinks for seriously about 2 minutes. He's showing his hand to the player on his right and talking, while MP2 is also showing her hand to her neighbor, but she is obviously going to muck. I'm still standing and talking to the player on my right. FINALLY, he mucks his hand. MP2 folds, and I take it down.

Questions:
1) Obviously my play was intending to push my opponent off a better hand, but was it smart to try and do so? When DO you try for these plays and when do you just play your hand straight-up?
2) If I were to play my JJ correctly, should I have 3-bet the turn, or simply called?
3) Obviously, I was bluffing and representing 98 suited, but does my comment to the dealer make me somewhat of an angle-shooter??? I hadn't thought about it until after my session, but I thought about it and I've done things like this before, whether it be a sigh to a flop raise and then check-raise the turn or whatnot. Are these angle-shooting techniques? I've never thought of myself as an angle-shooter, but maybe I am to some degree...

Thanks for any and all comments.