PDA

View Full Version : Hannibal

David04
10-14-2005, 03:16 PM
In the movie Hannibal, what exactly does Hannibal do to Verger? Why did Verger cut his face off? Just because Hannibal told him to?

istewart
10-14-2005, 03:17 PM
Anthony Hopkins is one compelling mofo.

codewarrior
10-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Hannibal gave him a amyl nitrate popper laced with psychotropics which left Mason extreemly open to suggestion. Hannibal then told him to cut off his face and feed it to the dogs. Read the book - much different much better ending.

David04
10-14-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hannibal gave him a amyl nitrate popper laced with psychotropics which left Mason extreemly open to suggestion. Hannibal then told him to cut off his face and feed it to the dogs. Read the book - much different much better ending.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I've been wanting to read the book, I need to pick it up soon.

CrazyEyez
10-14-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not gonna read it so hit me with the spoiler.

daryn
10-14-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not gonna read it so hit me with the spoiler.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto

codewarrior
10-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Hannibal kidnaps Clarise, and through the use of brainwashing with drugs, takes her away to south america to begin a new hidden life as his "bride". It sounds lame, but I can't paraphrase 100 pages of the ending into anything that makes sense.

(Edit: read the book for nothing more than Hannibal's childhood. It makes everything make "sense")

Jeebus
10-14-2005, 06:55 PM
i read the book twice and never saw anything on his childhood. How did I miss that? Damn gotta read it again. And the ending was a whole lot better.

diebitter
10-14-2005, 06:57 PM
You do. There's quite a bit on it, like what a creepy kid he was, and grimmer.

MonkeeMan
10-14-2005, 07:27 PM
The book also illuminates the fact that Hannibal has enhanced sense of smell and can smell peoples fear. Would come in handy in that large game they play for lots of moola in that city in the desert.

sublime
10-14-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hannibal kidnaps Clarise, and through the use of brainwashing with drugs, takes her away to south america to begin a new hidden life as his "bride". It sounds lame, but I can't paraphrase 100 pages of the ending into anything that makes sense.

(Edit: read the book for nothing more than Hannibal's childhood. It makes everything make "sense")

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a good book, and the ending wasnt lame. i dont remember drugs being involved in his pimping of clarice though. am i mistaken?

MonkeeMan
10-15-2005, 01:31 AM
Yes you are.