PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to get shafted by Party, I know it. . .

glen
05-29-2003, 11:47 PM
Here's the situation. . .everyone knows how horrendously slow the site has been tonight. So I'm playing 15-30. I have AQo. Flop: Q 8 6 rainbow. This guy bets, I raise. He calls. Turn: 7. He thinks and then bets, I call. River: Q. He checks, I bet, he calls. . . So, you know how at Party when you get called and your hand is good, the other guy's hgand just disappears, there is a slight pause, and then the chips drift your way. This time, his hand disappeared, but the pause was LONG. . .THEN a message comes up that says the table is being closed for maintenance. The chips, however, are still in the middle of the table, and my dollar amount was high 1800's. THEN the message comes up that says I won a two-thirty or thereabouts pot with three queens, ace kicker, etc. The chips, however, never came to me, and then dollar amount never changed. THEN, I get an e-mail saying that the last hand at "Color of Money" was conssidered a misdeal, and I had 1997 dollars at the start of the hand. I get hand histories to find exactly what the last hand was, and there is NO HAND HISTORY for the hand I won. . .

What would, can, one do in this situation? What should Party be able to dig up? Or, is this just a huge bad beat?

joeypoker789
05-29-2003, 11:58 PM
Ah man that is a tough tough situation. Good luck...

Legend27
05-30-2003, 12:33 AM
If you email party and ask for a hand history for the table you were at the time that hand happened and email customer support and explain the situation they should refund the amount of the pot. I had a similar situation like this a month ago and got my money back. I don't know what's up with party today, it's getting annoying.

GrannyMae
05-30-2003, 01:28 AM
without a screenshot of the message you said you got about winning the hand, i would say your chances of being awarded the pot are slim.

it IS a badbeat for you, and a windfall for the guy that was on the losing hand. party will never pay you this pot IMO because they would have to pay everyone that claimed they were in the middle of sccooping when the software crashed.

if i were you, i would send a polite email and tell them about the message you got on screen. maybe you will get lucky, let us know.

it is clearly stated in the rules of all sites that software crashes void the hand in progress. maybe one day you will get sucked out on and have a crash before your chips are taken, and this will make you feel vindicated.

one of the perils of playing online is the exact situation you find yourself in, but it comes with the territory of playing on the internet.

good luck with your situation. beleive me though, a polite email will get you much further than a rant.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/j0/writer.gif

glen
05-30-2003, 10:36 AM
Granny,

Damn, I wish I had thought of the screenshot idea. I could have done a printscreen or even taken a digital photo. In any case, I think they don't have any record of its existence. Here is the reply I got:

Dear Glen,

Thank you for contacting PartyPoker.com Customer Care.

This mail is in regards to the game on 05/29/03.

Glen, we have gone through the complete game at the table "Color Of Money" on the 05/29/03. We could not locate a hand where in you were dealt Ace and Queen. If you could please mail is back with the table name and the hand number if possible we will look into it and get back to you after looking into it.

Glen, we cannot promise you any refund at this point in time, unless we look into the game we will not be able to take a decision. If during the game the table was paused due to the technical problem we had, that hand would not considered and the amount you had before the hand began would be refunded and it has been added back into your account. However, please provide us with the table name and we will look into it and get back to you.

We apologize for all the inconveneince caused to you during the game.

For any other queries, please contact us using our chat feature (Live Floorperson), or via telephone at the numbers listed below. Our Customer Care team is available 24/7 to tend to your every need.

Sincerely,

Keith Benson
Customer Care Representative
www.PartyPoker.com (http://www.PartyPoker.com)

I replied with a more detailed message about exactly what happened, but I think I might be out of luck. . .

dogsballs
05-31-2003, 12:09 AM
This is a an excellent post, Gran. Simply because you lay out, in so many few words, some of the - ALREADY STATED - perils of online poker. And better than many of the sites do, imo.

And being polite is definitely the best way to go about it. The vast majority of online poker room support staff are very reasonable and willing to accomodate
"queries", so long as you're civil.

Now, I must be drunk, I'm being a nice guy...where's ed when you need him..!?...

dogs

CreamPuff
05-31-2003, 12:36 AM
Same thing happened to me on Party, except the
server did pay me (I had to verify this by looking
at the hand history).

Hopefully hand histories are updated after every betting
round..else this hand may never have been recorded.

The server may wait for all action to be completed
then update the hand history.

If it never got word the hand was over you may be
screwed.

glen
06-08-2003, 03:02 PM
I called the customer service line and had a nice conservation with one of the gentlemen working there. I explained the situation for a while. He told me the technicalities, aand I told him that I understood them, but I felt my case was an intangible that deserved some sort of compensation. He wanted to e-mail me the response, and i told him to call me, and I had to call back twice (someone went on vacation, hmmm....;|)but he remebered our consersation and I ended up with a few comps (less than half of the value of net from the hand, but under the circumstances very nice. . .) He told me about the thousands of phone of phone calls and the continuous hell they are dealing with, and I told him I sympathized and appreciated anything he could do. He said that it was a pleasure dealing with me and all is well. . .

p.s. the phone customer service is great. I hate those paradise e-mails. . . I feel like someone laughing behind closed doors when I read one. . . like ha ha, he can't do anything about this. . .

In conclusion, I would like to give a shout out to my boy Sid at Party!!!!!!!!