PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up - K8s

housenuts
10-14-2005, 12:51 PM
$15+1 turbo. About 3 minutes left at this blind level.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t9015)
BB (t4485)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t4460</font>, Hero ?

Should I have pushed initially? Just limp? Do I have to call this re-raise?

10-14-2005, 12:56 PM
not much reason in making it 3xBB here. not raising allin at these blinds is usually a sign of weakness (at this point by the player, not by the cards) and good players will capitalize on this and either reraise you right here or make some form of stop and go at the flop.

im pushing this pretty hard.

Isura
10-14-2005, 12:58 PM
I'd raise 800-1000 or limp preflop. Depends on the opponent.

10-14-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not much reason in making it 3xBB here. not raising allin at these blinds is usually a sign of weakness (at this point by the player, not by the cards) and good players will capitalize on this and either reraise you right here or make some form of stop and go at the flop.

im pushing this pretty hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree that not going all-in is a sign of weakness. These blinds are still pretty low compared to your stack.

MegaBet
10-14-2005, 01:13 PM
The blinds aren't extortionately high. I like your raise, but you have to fold to his push. He has either an ace or a pocket pair.

It would be far easier for us to answer this if you give us some reads on your opponent. If he had done this the last 4 hands, then our answers will be different, etc etc.

housenuts
10-14-2005, 02:02 PM
this was probably the 3rd heads up hand. he didn't seem overly aggressive.

don't i still call if i think he has a random ace though? i'm getting the odds to call any ace except A8 and AK.

the shadow
10-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Short stack = 11.2 BBs. At this level, it's not far from optimal to push any two and to call with A, K, JT, or PP. I would have open pushed and would call the re-raise. That's why it's better to push in the first place, unless you're holding a monster and hope to trap.

The Shadow