PDA

View Full Version : Party 20k freeroll

10-14-2005, 11:21 AM
Party has been hosting these 20k freerolls for anybody who played 250 raked hands the previous day. Anybody know how to check how many hands you've played? I'm rather lazy and would like to only play the exact 250 to be able to get in.

Also do they count raked hands as number of hands that you've been delt or number of hands where you have contributed to the pot? Thanks for any info.

People_Mover
10-14-2005, 11:32 AM
what time do they start?

KneeCo
10-14-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party has been hosting these 20k freerolls for anybody who played 250 raked hands the previous day. Anybody know how to check how many hands you've played?

[/ QUOTE ]

If registration is open, it tells you how many hands you played if you try and fail to register. If it's closed, you'll have to use poker tracker. Or if you don't have it, punch your HH(s) into Poker Grader (http://www.pokergrader.com/).

[ QUOTE ]

Also do they count raked hands as number of hands that you've been delt or number of hands where you have contributed to the pot? Thanks for any info.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither actually. A raked hand is a hand in which you were at the table (you can fold pre-flop and not contribute), but the key think is that the pot must be raked (must reach the minimum size whereat the house takes a cut). When a small stack of chips appear next to the dealer, that means the hand has been raked.

So, if you're playing .5/1 HE, it might actually take you about 400 hands (not sure, maybe more? less?) to get 250 raked hands.

If you know how to play Limit o8, I would suggest nutpeddling for a while at a 1/2 or higher table, that should get it done in the minimum amount of hands.

EDIT: Starts at 10:55 every night I think (registration starts 3 hours earlier and caps at 3500), and it takes the hands from the previous day, so if you play the 250 today, even if you do it before the tournament tonight, you wouldn't be able to play, you'd have to wait for tomorrow I believe.

10-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks KneeCo!

I'd couldn't figure out which hands were counting toward being played, but any one that has rake taken out explains it. I have pokertracker at home but I'm not always playing there so I can't have it calc the hands for me.

I realize I need to play the day before to get in. I tried to play in the one on Thursday after I thought I had enough hands in only to find out I was 27 short. I take it there is nowhere on Party to find out how many qualifing hands you've played?

Thanks for the omaha suggestion. I've played it a decent amount and done well. I never thought that since more people are in every hand that rake is taken on almost every one. Thanks for help.