PDA

View Full Version : steal raise, flopped flush

Lunar Tweak
10-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Villan PT stats: 27%/5%/.9 for 40 hands

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB :#A500AF(Villan)/ calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villan checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villan calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villan checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villan raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Villan calls.

River: (9.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villan bets</font>, Hero?

SackUp
10-14-2005, 11:08 AM
raises. If he has AQ good for him, but I think he is trying to steal the pot with the scare card way too often not to bet here.

MEbenhoe
10-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Here's how the thought process goes on this one: If you raise and are 3-bet, villian is passive enough that you have to fold to a 3-bet, however if you're the type who won't be able to fold to the 3-bet and would make a crying call, this should make you lean more towards calling. Villian is also passive enough that if you raise there is a chance he will call with a better hand, and of course will absolutely only call with a worse hand. if you call, you lose out on a bet the times you have a better hand, but are reducing your variance with only a slight if any hit to your overall expectation.

Overall, this is likely only a call, but a lot of the decision between calling and raising here is dependent on yourself, if you have the strength to fold to a 3 bet, whether a slightly higher expectation, or a lower variance is more important to you, etc.

10-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Three Bet.

MEbenhoe
10-14-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Three Bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

your name is fitting.

10-14-2005, 11:49 AM
I don't see a problem raising here - way too many hands Villain could have here trying to defend his blind. He may have missed his flush draw with the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

If anything the pre flop &amp; flop action suggests he may of flopped a bigger flush rather than have AQ or a flopped set unless he had AQ with the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I raise the river and if I get 3-bet I pay off his KT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

MEbenhoe
10-14-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I raise the river and if I get 3-bet I pay off his KT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

this is precisely why you shouldn't be raising.

silkyslim
10-14-2005, 12:42 PM
this player is weird, i think i would just call, since he played it like AQ, he could also have a higher flsuh and be worried that the board would 4 flush and you would have the ace /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or whatver. or he is playing like a donk and folds to your raise.

Lunar Tweak
10-14-2005, 01:50 PM
well i opted to raise and got called by 33. thanks for the input, at least some supported my decision, so i don't feel too bad about it.