PDA

View Full Version : small tourney

Mariogs379
10-14-2005, 10:41 AM
im hostin a 4 person (possibly 5) tourney
start with 500 chips
what blinds, how often do they move up, and what hands can i consider raising with for each position?
UTG: 66+, A9+
CO: 44+, A5+, KQ, KJ, K10
SB: 22+, Ax, K8+
BB: raising and calling a raise hands?
how do my other positions look?

splashpot
10-14-2005, 10:59 AM
I believe the Home Poker forum has suggestions for home game tournament structures. And you can't just have a list of hands you should raise in each position. It obviously depends on so many things including stack/blind sizes, your opponents, payout structure, etc.

Edit: Here is a link (http://www.homepokergames.com/setupstructure.php). It should help you design a home game structure.

Mariogs379
10-14-2005, 11:20 AM
as a guideline tho
for instance in SSHE, they set up a basic list of hands and positions given a loose game or given a tight game. assuming an average (in between loose and tight) game how do the hand guidelines look? too aggressive? too passive?

10-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Are you planning on having a limit or no-limit tournament?

For no-limit, five handed, I would look to limp with a much wider range of hands in the hope of trapping on a great flop. The ranges are fine in the sense that in each position you list, you are pretty likely to have the best hand against four other players.

In reality, your raises have to reflect how loose/tight the specific opponents are in the hand with you. You can't have such rigid raising requirements like you can have for limit, because the worst thing that can happen in limit is you get re-raised one bet, not re-reraised all in.

MegaBet
10-14-2005, 01:19 PM
If there were rules for what to play in what position then this game would be dull and predictable. Just start off tight and adjust to the table conditions. If everyone else is playing tight, then loosen your starting requirements. If you start getting called too much, then tighten up again. It is this reading of table conditions, number of players, chip stacks, etc that lazy players never bother to think about but good players take advantage of.