PDA

View Full Version : 2day I feel good about my game (Longish, not sure about content)

stokken
10-14-2005, 10:00 AM
I have been on a rollercoaster bad run which propelled my game into a donkfishIcantmakeupmymindscaredcrappsychedout state for a good portion of time.

What is good about it:
1. I have learned a great deal about my psychologial strenghts.
2.I have adressed the problem
3.I have understood what running good is
4. I believe my game is now elevated

For what it is worth, maybe you all knew already

1. The learning process one is adapt to in many circumstances goes like this, you see or are told and you repeat- in poker DONT! ALWAYS reflect upon an outcome, an advice and or a situation, put it in context-be critical
2. Poker is not information learned and then merely executed-when you learn a trade you can go on autopilot,ie attach A to B, and incert in C. NEVER go on autopilot in poker.
Poker is decision making based on partial and assumed information-it needs your full attention if your decision is to be as sharp and as accurate as possible.
If you want an A game you gotta give it A focus.

This is crucial imo: When you have made up your mind go with it.
Unless groundshaking information convinces you otherwice, this is how you develop agressivness. Afterwards is the time to discover where you went wrong if you did or if your play was unwarranted to the circumstances.

Also when in retro learn from your opponent if you where outplayed or cought.Give as much time to the ones you lost as the ones you won! Learn when you made or could have made the best of plays regardless of outcome.EG Pf was perhaps a mistake, flopp good play, turn excellent, river IDIOT /images/graemlins/grin.gif, but you get my drift

The saying: when you make a decision different from one made if the cards where exposed one deviates from correct play is one I critize. Sometimes you will bump into the unexpected and even if you could see your opponents hand you wouldnt believe he played it like that. I now believe in decisions which are correct a good favourable amount of the time. This has some Shania to it, learn to recognize when to incorporate the hands your opponent wouldn trust his own eyes with even if he saw your hand,and the circumstances needed to allow for it.

Dont be in selfdenial, know yourself-posses the power to act where you can make a difference and rest asure where you cannot, and the wisdom to tell the difference!

Today I feel good about my game, I still havent won jack, but I know when my decision was correct and I am better off getting to terms with the suckout and missplays.

This is how I shall play! I am a focused, bright, cunning player with just as much luck as the next guy and a continously dynamicly svelling bag of tricks. I will take the time offerd before I make a decision, and I will use it to the best of my knowledge. If you beat me then, you are either better then me or chanse didnt serve me right, and that happens. My regained focus will from here on help me recognize when chanse served my opponent better

Have a great weekend poker or not, I am off to play my first live tournament in months, and actually my third one ever. My intention is to KICK ass and enjoy. The fun is back

10-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Woah. Think they prescribe Lithium for this.