PDA

View Full Version : PP 5-10 Out on the edge, over the cliff?

Clarkmeister
05-29-2003, 08:38 PM
Super juicy PP 5-10 game.

3 limpers to me in the CO with JsTc. I limp, button limps, blinds come along. 7 to the flop for 3.5BBs.

Flop: Qh Ts 2h. Blinds check, EP bets, EP2 folds, fishy MP calls, I raise. Fishy button cold calls, blinds fold, EP and MP call. 4 to the turn for 7.5BBs.

Turn: [Qh Ts 2h] Ah. Checked to me, I bet, button calls, EP now folds, MP calls. 3 to the river for 10.5BBs.

River: [Qh Ts 2h Ah] 9c. Checked to me, I check.

Thoughts?

Vehn
05-29-2003, 08:49 PM
I would save my chips for a better spot in a super juicy game.

lil'
05-29-2003, 11:34 PM
Sounds like someone doesn't want to let their queen go. Not worth betting the river. Raising middle pair online never seems to work for me lately in these types of games, so I don't do it too much.

samdash
05-30-2003, 06:20 AM
It seems crazy but I actually think raising the flop here is legit because of the size of the pot. Your turn stab is also necesary because you could now potentially scare off a better hand. The chances of a river bet now causing a better hand to fold are about as likely as the chances of David Sklansky writing coherent poker advice after the year 1997 so your check here seems good as well.

King_J
05-30-2003, 07:23 AM
I donīt like the flop raise. I think that a call or fold is better.

I doubt that your pair is good on turn so I would check adn take the free card.

Clarkmeister
05-30-2003, 10:23 AM
So I checked, the button checked behind me.

MP showed J2s for flopped pair of 2's, turned gutshot draw, and button had J9o for flopped open-ender, rivered pair of 9's. My JT had them both dominated. It also seems likely that I got lucky that the scare card came on the turn, causing EP to fold what I can only assume was a weak queen.

I think you can make a case for me folding on every street here. I didn't even have a card of the right suit. In retrospect it seemed awful thin to me the whole way and I thought it might be interesting since I could have almost done anything on each street and it might have been O.K.

Dynasty
05-30-2003, 11:50 AM
After a bet and a call, I usually bail on the flop. It is particularly worriesome that the Ten on the flop isn't a heart.