PDA

View Full Version : I made the final table...we made a deal...is this fair?

Mike Gallo
05-29-2003, 08:14 PM
I had the good fortune of making the final table at a small buy in limit tournament last night. When we got to the final table the entire table decided to deal. The chip leader got paid $700 the second chip leader got $500.

Here are the specifics of the tournament. 90 players bought in for $50+10 juice. Everyone starts with T-400. No rebuys. Limits start at T-10-T-20. The Trop pays only 9 places. I do not know exactly how they pay off /forums/images/icons/confused.gif
The chip leader,someone who never played in a tourney before had T-9000. Carlos,a regular player who can play well, if he would stop dwelling on his bad beats had T-7000. Everyone else had roughly the same amount of chips. I had maybe T-4500. The player to my left, Jerry a regular who can outplay me with position had T-3500. The player to my right would have gone all in with the hand. The blinds had just gone up to T-1000-T2000. One of the regular's suggested we make a deal and I lobbied the idea. Before long everyone agreed. The chip leader made $700 Carlos got paid $500 everyone else got paid $400.

Did the chip leaders make a bade deal. Would anyone speak up?

I think I got a good deal. 4th paid $220 and thats where I felt I would have finished.

Thanks for your time

Michael

Greg (FossilMan)
05-30-2003, 09:56 AM
If everbody is happy it was a good deal.

As for whether it was a mathematically fair deal, you'd have to provide the exact chip counts and prize amounts for each spot.

BTW, with the blinds being that big, skill is no longer much of a factor. About the only mistake left for anybody to make is to fold too much once they've put money into the pot.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)