10-14-2005, 06:57 AM
helped your game the most? For me it was TOP

RodSerling
10-14-2005, 06:58 AM
Sun Tzu -- The Art Of War

Excellent poker book.

Niediam
10-14-2005, 07:47 AM
SSH ...and nothing else even comes close to compairing for me.

baronzeus
10-14-2005, 08:28 AM
ive never really read a poker book. i skimmed a few tho.

Perseus
10-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Curious George Goes to School.

Zetack
10-14-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
helped your game the most? For me it was TOP

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't laugh. It was WLLHE.

Seriously, this book turned me into a winner very very early in my poker career. Without it who knows how long the process would be. And it set the groundwork for me to learn from other and (as I know think) better books.

But the first, and most important, hurdle in poker is to become a winner. After that its simply improvement.

For my money, of course, SSHE is about the best book out there, but that's a different issue.

My first book? Poker for dummies.

--Zetack

UATrewqaz
10-14-2005, 06:27 PM
SSHE turned me from a very frustrated break even weak limit hold em player to a solid winner, so it gets the gold.

I read ToP and SSHE one after the other so it was probablyt he combination of both.

Greg J
10-14-2005, 06:39 PM
I just got that. Reading it now. Cool.

ChuckyB
10-14-2005, 09:20 PM
SSHE and it's not even close

Alex/Mugaaz
10-14-2005, 11:23 PM
While I don't think it's the best one, SSHE was definitely the only book that helped me immediately at the time of reading. At the time (and even now) all the books seem to be way to basic or too advanced in the sense that the game conditions they outline simply aren't true in the games I play, making most of the information of somewhat useless value.

Harv72b
10-15-2005, 01:19 AM
Hilger's book (Internet Texas Hold'Em) helped me the most, because it was the first poker book I ever read, and it turned me into an immediate winner in the microlimits.

But SSH helped my game the most, and it's not even close. Well, that and these forums.

Harrington on Hold'Em helped my tournament game the most, but I don't play that many tourneys.

bjarne
10-15-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hilger's book (Internet Texas Hold'Em) helped me the most, because it was the first poker book I ever read, and it turned me into an immediate winner in the microlimits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the same for me. Since then, Having read HEFAP, SSH,
and King Yao (whats the acronym fo that one WTOIHEP ?) I would like to point out that I still think that Hilger's book is a good one, and I still occasionally go back to it.

Otherwise I think it's reading the 2+2 forums everyday that have helped me most.

10-16-2005, 12:49 AM
I went from a losing/breakeven player to a winning player after reading Sklansky's Hold 'em Poker for Advanced Players. I read several poker books before that one, but that one plugged some big holes in my game. I also like Internet Poker by Hilger, but I find it is mostly regurgitated Sklansky. In fact, if you look toward the back of the book most of the other books Hilger suggests to read are Sklansky.