PDA

View Full Version : Flop the straight, then the 3rd spade shows up.

J Chap
10-14-2005, 04:36 AM
F the spade! F it! (Not to mention the paired Q's.) What do I do?

(As always, I'll also accept criticisms of my plays on the other streets, but I do want to know what to do if I find myself looking at this turn.)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG ($53.35)
MP ($50.35)
CO ($50.62)
Button ($51.40)
SB ($25.26)
Hero ($105.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, CO calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, CO calls $4.

Turn: ($12.25) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $20</font>, Hero ???

Should I have led out? And if so, for how much?

TYVM
J Chap

afreeman
10-14-2005, 06:08 AM
I don't really like the pre-flop raise. CO has already called one bet, so its doubtful that you'll be getting rid of him. Plus, you'll be out of position with what is mainly a drawing hand after the flop.

I like the flop bet.

I would have opened on the turn. As it played out, its hard to tell what villain might be on. You're behind Axs, KQ, 99 or the unlikely KK/QQ/Q9 and ahead of AK, AQ, AJ, K9, QJ, QT, and chop with JT.

Villain's overbet could also be interpreted as one of the weaker made hands; if he had KQ, 99 or the flush, he would probably be trying to milk you for another bet or two.

Without reads, I think I push here and expect to see two pair or a set a lot more often than the FH or flush.

Disclaimer: I play full ring, so my starting hand selection for 6-max is probably a bit off.

orange
10-14-2005, 07:01 AM
I don't know if I'm raising J10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB- you are OOP in a raised pot. Not really a big deal though.

I think I like bet/fold on the turn. Will Villan do this with a lone Q? How bout something like Qx10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif?

c/f seems too weak. c/r is idiotic IMO. I think bet/fold is best. bet/call/reevaluate river can be argued if there are some reads.