PDA

View Full Version : Who is the "Best" Ninja Turtle?

M0n3y0nf1r3
10-14-2005, 04:18 AM
Now im not talking this newer version of turtles w/ the female, im talking about the oldschool Leo, Raph, Mike, and Donny. I am to Raph because he doesnt take shlt from neone plus his weapons are Redic. While it may be hard to constuct an arguement vs my eliquently put statement you can give it a shot.
-Andrew

BusterStacks
10-14-2005, 04:26 AM
If you are going by the cartoon, i'd say don. comic books though, it's clearly raph.

10-14-2005, 04:27 AM
Whichever one is in bobbyi's avatar.

protocol
10-14-2005, 04:33 AM
I made a poll about this a while ago, and Donatello won.

here's the link (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2493709&an=&page=&vc=1)

Michaelangelo was my favorite btw.

2+2 wannabe
10-14-2005, 04:33 AM
michaelangelo and it's not close

Klepton
10-14-2005, 04:49 AM
it doesn't matter which one you choose, every single phrase after the name is going to be "and it's not close."

New001
10-14-2005, 04:50 AM
Tossup between Leonardo and Donatello. The others are lame. I was always partial to Leonardo.

Dave G.
10-14-2005, 04:56 AM
I'd have to go with Michaelangelo too. Best weapons, best 'tude, totally awesome dude!

Btw, Leonardo was always such a wet blanket.

10-14-2005, 05:02 AM
the villain ninja turtle w/ the spikes, he'll kick all their asses.

10-14-2005, 05:04 AM
Donatello ftw

smurfitup
10-14-2005, 05:05 AM
DUDE!!! WTF?? they have a female in the new ninja turtle's?? that's really not right.. they're corrupting a beautiful thing... oh, and leonardo rules

Luzion
10-14-2005, 05:06 AM
Leonardo man... Raphael is my least favorite.

10-14-2005, 05:06 AM
slash, that's his name.

Luzion
10-14-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
DUDE!!! WTF?? they have a female in the new ninja turtle's?? that's really not right.. they're corrupting a beautiful thing... oh, and leonardo rules

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I just noticed you guys were talking about a female. Theres a female ninja turtle? Or like a supporting character like April O'Neil?

Dave G.
10-14-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I just noticed you guys were talking about a female. Theres a female ninja turtle? Or like a supporting character like April O'Neil?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen any of the new episodes, the only ones I've seen are the old school ones in the 90s.

But if this is true, then I echo the sentiment... WTF DUDE? We don't need no stinkin female turtle gaying up the place.

Taraz
10-14-2005, 05:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tossup between Leonardo and Donatello. The others are lame. I was always partial to Leonardo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I could have sworn nobody was going to say Leonardo. He's got the least personality of all of them.

New001
10-14-2005, 05:18 AM
He's got a sword. I think he even has two swords. And his color is blue. How can you go wrong with that?

10-14-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's got a sword. I think he even has two swords. And his color is blue. How can you go wrong with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

blue doesn't go w/ green.

Luzion
10-14-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh... so what does? Orange? Red? Purple even?

10-14-2005, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that avatar was taken from a tony leung movie right?

Luzion
10-14-2005, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that avatar was taken from a tony leung movie right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.. its from this korean movie called "My Sassy Girl."

NLSoldier
10-14-2005, 06:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are going by the cartoon, i'd say don. comic books though, it's clearly raph.

[/ QUOTE ]

kbfc
10-14-2005, 06:03 AM
Your choice of ninja turtle speaks volumes about you as a person.

The UNACCEPTABLE answers:
Leo - you're an anal douchebag.
Mike - you'll never mature past the age of 8.

The ACCEPTABLE answers:
Raph - you've got some snark. a bit of a bastard, but in a good way.
Don - you've got a level head and know how to analyze a situation rationally.

That said, I was always partial to Donny, but I won't talk poorly of Raph fans.

10-14-2005, 06:12 AM
Splinter

Vavavoom
10-14-2005, 06:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gamblore99
10-14-2005, 06:31 AM
it was by far donnetello. Leo was an anal tight wad, michaellangello was mentally retarded, and raphael was always angry. Don was chill.

Luzion
10-14-2005, 06:34 AM
Blah you are right. I remembered that I liked Donatello the best now because he had a good attitude and always came up with cool gadgets.

Also he was great in TMNT on the NES. I should look in the garage and try to find my Burger King TMNT video tapes. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mmbt0ne
10-14-2005, 07:44 AM
Anyone who says Leonardo is a TMNT poser.

toss
10-14-2005, 08:25 AM
Has anyone ever beaten the first TMNT game for NES? Is it possible?

FouTight
10-14-2005, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a party dude, I'm a party dude, it makes sense.

samjjones
10-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Which one has the swords? I cannot see him losing to any of the others. Do you really think a turtle with a stick can defeat a turtle with two swords?

TheBlueMonster
10-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Ralph is the rebel of the bunch. Plus he has a red mask. We all know how hard it is to maintain stealth ninja tactics wearing a red mask.

daryn
10-14-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

paging astroglide

astroglide
10-14-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

paging astroglide

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that's cool that you remembered this.

yes i've beaten it. and my answer is donatello because the cartoons don't hold value anymore but i could still see myself playing the games sometime. in the games, donatello is king. leonardo is next, then a big drop to michaelangelo, then raphael. none of the tmnt games i've played ever compensated for weapon length.

tolbiny
10-14-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tossup between Leonardo and Donatello and its not even close

[/ QUOTE ]

Luzion
10-14-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

paging astroglide

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that's cool that you remembered this.

yes i've beaten it. and my answer is donatello because the cartoons don't hold value anymore but i could still see myself playing the games sometime. in the games, donatello is king.

[/ QUOTE ]

How? You must be godlike. I tried beating it on the emulator in the dorms, and even with unlimited saves I could not beat it. It was because all the carts I downloaded had the same bug that would crash right when you get to the Technodome. Blah.... I was sad that day /images/graemlins/frown.gif

STLantny
10-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Click this- you guys are welcome. (http://www.retrojunk.com/details_theme/12/?PHPSESSID=28867f6f397cfce656eaf063e1b4bd19)

Im not sure who is my fav...thats a tough decision.

daryn
10-14-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Click this- you guys are welcome. (http://www.retrojunk.com/details_theme/12/?PHPSESSID=28867f6f397cfce656eaf063e1b4bd19)

[/ QUOTE ]

how good.

10-14-2005, 03:00 PM
leonardo, he has the swords dude

Luzion
10-14-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Awesome site man...

http://www.retrojunk.com/list_tvshows/1980/pop-1/

So many of these shows bring back good memories... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[censored]
10-14-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whose retarded idea was it to replace the word ninja with hero in the 2nd intro? Was using ninja cosidered not PC at somepoint?

As for the best. Cool but rude, as always when it comes the cartoon.

daryn
10-14-2005, 03:04 PM
wait, what about replacing ninja with hero? i must have missed it

samjjones
10-14-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
leonardo, he has the swords dude

[/ QUOTE ]
I do not know how this is the correct answer. The only one who might give him a run is the guy with the sais, especially if he is skilled at throwing them. But swords>bo>nunchuks every day of the week.

eviljeff
10-14-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

word.

[censored]
10-14-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you go the link right above the video display there is a option to play intro 1 (which is the linked one) or intro 2. If you click to it the same song but with Hero dubbed in for ninja. Also at the end of the video the TMNT graphic is changed to TMHT. leaving me wondering WTF?

eviljeff
10-14-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you've gotta be kidding me. his color is purple and his weapon is the most basic.

samjjones
10-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Yes, but he is the most adept at pushing boxes of cereal off of the topmost aisle at the supermarket.

Shajen
10-14-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you go the link right above the video display there is a option to play intro 1 (which is the linked one) or intro 2. If you click to it the same song but with Hero dubbed in for ninja. Also at the end of the video the TMNT graphic is changed to TMHT. leaving me wondering WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the 4th sign of the Apocalypse.

daryn
10-14-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh. bogus

[censored]
10-14-2005, 03:16 PM
ok I found the scoop courtesy of wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles)

[ QUOTE ]
Upon TMNT's first arrival in the United Kingdom, the name was changed to "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles" (or TMHT for short), since local censorship policies deemed the word ninja to have too violent associations and connotations for a children's programme. Consequently, everything related to the Turtles had to be renamed before being released in the UK (or Ireland). The lyrics were also changed, eliminating the word ninja, such as changing "Splinter taught them to be ninja teens" to "Splinter taught them to be fighting teens." The policies also had other effects, such as removing Michelangelo's nunchakus on the same basis. At the start of the later comeback these policies had been abolished, and no changes were made to the 2003 TMNT show. The name Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remained unchanged for the 2003 show. As a result, in the U.K., the 1987 show is still called Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles and the 2003 show is called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Silly Brits

samjjones
10-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Did they remove their turtle penises too? Did they change Shredder's name to "Slightly Tattered"?

astroglide
10-14-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you've gotta be kidding me. his color is purple and his weapon is the most basic.

[/ QUOTE ]

i already explained why he wins

SomethingClever
10-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Interesting question.

I think I will have to go with Raphael. Donatello was cool, but his weapon always seemed lame to me.

FWIW, Raphael's sais aren't my favorite weapon either, but they're a little sexier than Don's bo staff.

crownjules
10-14-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmk, if I brought a bo-staff in an overhead swing down on your face, I think you would be pretty impressed with this "basic" weapon.

samjjones
10-14-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmk, if I brought a bo-staff in an overhead swing down on your face, I think you would be pretty impressed with this "basic" weapon.

[/ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, Leonardo's swords chop this thing up into matchsticks before it even happens.

daryn
10-14-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, Leonardo's swords chop this thing up into matchsticks before it even happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, the sword would just create a more maneuverable dual bo situation

man
10-14-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]its beauty is in its simplicity.

B Dids
10-14-2005, 04:59 PM
If you read the older Eastman and Laird comics- they're just such better characters. Leo and Mike are a LOT less lame.

That said Ralphy owns this.

Am I the only person here who owned and played the TMNT pen and dice role playing game?