PDA

View Full Version : Apple Mac Mini

10-14-2005, 03:11 AM
Apple Mac Mini
nice Apple Mac Mini at *removed link*
- you have to enter your zip code to start offer redemption

Neuge
10-14-2005, 06:33 AM
Other than the fact that this is a blatant advertisment and most poker programs aren't compatible with OS X, the Mac Mini is a completely worthless buy on its own.

OrcaDK
10-14-2005, 07:17 AM
So, before the thread gets deleted, what's so useless about the Mac Mini, i bought one, and i'm happy about it.

Neuge
10-14-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, before the thread gets deleted, what's so useless about the Mac Mini, i bought one, and i'm happy about it.

[/ QUOTE ]Miniscule FSB, slow HD access, pathetic RAM upgrade space. I wouldn't buy one even for the small price tag.

10-14-2005, 04:55 PM
but it would be so awesome for a car computer.

stabn
10-14-2005, 05:05 PM
I don't see any other mac mini threads so i'm going to leave this thread alone even though it was a spam.

As far as the Mac Mini's go while at 1.2-1.4GHZ and 512MB ram they aren't a very compelling machine for most of us they look like a decent machine for someone with space problems that doesn't need anything more than word processing + web browsing.

OrcaDK
10-14-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Miniscule FSB, slow HD access, pathetic RAM upgrade space. I wouldn't buy one even for the small price tag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say it's absolutely perfect for a web developer like me. I'm able to fit it in between my two 2001FP's, and it contains all the features i need.

send_the_msg
10-15-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say it's absolutely perfect for a web developer like me. I'm able to fit it in between my two 2001FP's, and it contains all the features i need.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i was gonna say that neuge guy is ridiculous to think all computers are designed for all people.

Neuge
10-15-2005, 07:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i was gonna say that neuge guy is ridiculous to think all computers are designed for all people.

[/ QUOTE ]It's not that the Mini isn't useful to some people, it's that you can get a better performing PC for less (monitor included, which you don't get with a Mini). The Mini is essentially a (low end) laptop packaged into an, albeit small, desktop system.

I suppose if you really want OS X or a space saver design, it warrants a purchase, but I can't ever see spending my money on a laptop that has none of a laptop's convienence.