PDA

View Full Version : donked away half my stack with KK?

10-14-2005, 01:38 AM
.10/.25 NL on Absolute. Villain has me covered significantly.

Hero has K/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villain posts BB. Hero raises to $1.25. Villain calls $1.00.
Flop: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets $2.25. Villain raises to $5. Hero raises to $10. VIllain calls $5.
Turn: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets $10. Villain pushes to $38.75. Hero folds.

Is this bad play? I was bluffing/feeling for a Q. Obviously he had it but it was expensive...

stu-unger
10-14-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
.10/.25 NL on Absolute. Villain has me covered significantly.

Hero has K/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villain posts BB. Hero raises to $1.25. Villain calls $1.00.
Flop: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets $2.25. Villain raises to $5. Hero raises to $10. VIllain calls $5.
u must either make a real 3 bet here or call and play pokah
Turn: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets $10. Villain pushes to $38.75. Hero folds.

Is this bad play? I was bluffing/feeling for a Q. Obviously he had it but it was expensive...

[/ QUOTE ]

10-14-2005, 01:43 AM
very helpful thanks =D

orange
10-14-2005, 01:44 AM
Raise the flop more if your going to raise at all. Turn, I usually c/f (too weak?), your not beating much.

elus2
10-14-2005, 01:46 AM
i reraise the flop to 15. without a read i really like a check fold on the turn. versus sane opponents the only hand you might be beating when the turn comes is 98 or some random pocket overplayed pocket pair but the action on the flop leads me to think that you're up against Qx, a set or two pair.

MTBlue
10-14-2005, 02:16 AM
Reraise flop to 15-20. I like the bet/fold line you employed. It makes your decision really easy. If you check there is always some doubt but not very people will bluff into that type of strenghth so you beat here 85-90% of the time. If you're concerned about money wasted lead the turn for 7 or 8 it has the same effect.

10-14-2005, 02:18 AM
I have always thought that to donks PSB indicates strength, less tends to indicate a bluff. s there any merit to this thought or am I burning chips

MTBlue
10-14-2005, 02:33 AM
You reraised the flop this indicates alot of strength. There is no point in burning more chips than necessary on the turn. The smaller bet also acts as a value bet if he has a 9 or an 8. He won't fold it for the incredible odds (although he should). Nobody's dreaming of bluffing you even with the top of the board pairing (How does villian know you don't have a Q?).

elus2
10-14-2005, 06:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you check there is always some doubt but not very people will bluff into that type of strenghth so you beat here 85-90% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do not see why it would be incorrect to fold here versus villain's range of hands. after the flop action our average equity can not be much more than 20% and putting in more money with our relatively weak holding is definitely -ev.