PDA

View Full Version : crap fest

10-14-2005, 01:34 AM
I played this hand badly, possibly on all streets. Preflop was stupid. The turn is what I am curious about. I don't want to give my opponent credit for a flush right away, though I am probably folding to a 3 bet. I might have the best hand, might not, but is the pot really big enough to be agressive? Criticism on post flop play is appreciated

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (1.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

SackUp
10-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Your preflop and flop play really ruin how the hand is played.

I think you realize you need to raise this preflop. Then bet the flop and bet the turn and river unless you are raised in which case probably call down.

First I bet this flop. You often have the best hand and can take it down right there.

Turn: MP2 bet could mean a lot of things that don't beat you. I think raising and folding to a 3bet is fine. No reason to raise the river and no way am I folding. He might bet out thinking you raised the turn hoping for a 4th club and he wanted to get money for his Ax.

Changing preflop and flop will change how this hand plays completely though.

The Goober
10-14-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I played this hand badly, possibly on all streets. Preflop was stupid. The turn is what I am curious about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of the problem with playing this passively is that it becomes really hard to put an opponent on a hand. If you raised PF and bet the flop then MP2's bet on the turn would have meant a lot more.

[ QUOTE ]
is the pot really big enough to be agressive?

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case you raising for value, so the pot size doesn't matter. BB is likely to fold either way (he got a free hand and checked twice) so all that matters is how often MP2 will call with a worse hand (i'd say there's a 0% chance that he'll ever fold a better hand than yours, or fold a hand with any real outs).

W. Deranged
10-14-2005, 05:14 AM
The real lesson of this hand is that playing hands to passively on early streets will often put you in tough positions when you try to get aggressive on the big bet streets.

It's important to remember that early raises often have considerably more tactical effect than big-bet raises do and they are half the price.

As played your turn raise is fine. You don't want to let others draw at weak /images/graemlins/club.gifs cheaply, and you have no reason to believe your hand isn't best.

But, seriously, raise pre-flop and bet the flop.