PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still playing empire? New network sucks

FreakDaddy
10-14-2005, 01:34 AM
Just curious. I haven't been paying attention to the forums, but I knew they switched networks. When I went to sign up for the bonus today, there was a whoping 6k players online and hardly any games. Log onto party 60k+. I'm not even sure I'm going to try and clear the bonus.

Malachii
10-14-2005, 01:39 AM
No. Although if I'm feeling like it tomorrow maybe I'll bonus whore.

FreakDaddy
10-14-2005, 01:43 AM
Have you played on the new network yet mal? I really don't see the point. There's more action on poker worlds site or my site than empire. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

TheWorstPlayer
10-14-2005, 01:45 AM
i am. games still good. dont sit at my tables. waiting for rb at party.

Malachii
10-14-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you played on the new network yet mal?

[/ QUOTE ]
What new network?

FreakDaddy
10-14-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm playing on empire right now. 25nl average pot is maybe 4-5 bucks very few open tables. Party poker, average pot around double that size, lots of open tables. 6k players on empire. 60k on party. I look at 100nl full ring, not even ONE table open. Come on.

FreakDaddy
10-14-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have you played on the new network yet mal?

[/ QUOTE ]
What new network?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where have you been? /images/graemlins/smile.gif This has been talked about for months but it finally happened last week. Party seperated from the other skins. Empire and others are on a seperate network now and it sucks.

TheWorstPlayer
10-14-2005, 01:53 AM
I 4-tabled 2/4 6m all day. Games were plenty good. I ran bad, but that is besides the point. Games were good. Yeah, small selection. I played the only 4 tables going. But the other players were not difficult to play against. Yes, I will switch to Party once I get RB there. No, I'm not going to play there without RB.

FreakDaddy
10-14-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I 4-tabled 2/4 6m all day. Games were plenty good. I ran bad, but that is besides the point. Games were good. Yeah, small selection. I played the only 4 tables going. But the other players were not difficult to play against. Yes, I will switch to Party once I get RB there. No, I'm not going to play there without RB.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the games I'm finding are filled with a bunch of 2+2 nits. /images/graemlins/wink.gif No action what so ever. Now were down to 4.7k players.

TheWorstPlayer
10-14-2005, 01:57 AM
I played a live game today 1/2 that had 4 2+2ers in it. Talk about nit central. It was STILL a good game, though. Boy did I have a great time playing live. F Party in the A.

FreakDaddy
10-14-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I played a live game today 1/2 that had 4 2+2ers in it. Talk about nit central. It was STILL a good game, though. Boy did I have a great time playing live. F Party in the A.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're just mad becasue of RB. Bonus is going to take forever and a day to clear.

Malachii
10-14-2005, 02:06 AM
Oh yeah, I knew that. I just didn't know you were calling it "new network."

FreakDaddy
10-14-2005, 04:06 AM
Bottom line though the selection sucks, the games are tighter then hell and the pots are small. I'm debating whether to even clear the bonus.

xorbie
10-14-2005, 12:26 PM
I've been playing the 200 6 max at Empire since the split, games are great, just don't sit at my table cuz I'll repeatedly suck out on you.

Skuzzy
10-14-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm playing Party, No rakeback but there's around 6000 multi tabling TAGs and rocks still clinging on and clearing bonuses at multi/empire/eurobet who "ARE NOT AT PARTY!" These games are so soft it's better than rake back. Well maybe not, but it's pretty close. If I can get rakeback at Party (now looking very unlikely) I'll be happy, but if no rakeback means no TWP et. al pushing me out if pots I'm happy.
/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Macquarie
10-15-2005, 02:59 AM
I've just played a few hour session multitabling the NL100. Amazingly tight, and passive, but I've got to say that I've never learn so much so fast..

Playing in these tight games is a great way to learn to loosen up, bully players with position, punish limpers etc. Playing for several hours when virtually every hand has an opportunity to put pressure on a tight weak player has given me a new insight into this type of play, and I'm hoping that I'll now be better at recognising these opportunities in looser games.

I'm normally too tight, at about 12/4, but in these games it was easy to open up to 16/8. Yes I know, still tight, but this is a big step for me, and hopefully I can take some of the lessons learnt and apply them to more average games.

wtfsvi
10-15-2005, 03:09 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

(They are good right now at least. Biggest problem isn't that the games aren't good, but that they are non-existant sometimes.)

mason55
10-15-2005, 04:09 AM
Clearing the Empire bonus. Average table VPIP is 31. I'm down 2 buyins clearing the bonus. Lame. And I just want to go to party but now Euro has the 50% to $200 bonus. I just cleared an old $100 bonus there and now I feel like I have to clear the $200 bonus. I'm pretty sure my winrate at Party would be better than bonus clearing on the X-Skins network though.

10-15-2005, 05:29 AM
I agree, especially ten handed games are truly rockgardens. I've now played 200 raked hands at eurobet and not yet sure to continue or not.

whittiphil
10-15-2005, 05:32 AM
I'm doing fine at NL25. Just got 2 people allin on an A high flop when I had AK both times. They had AQ /images/graemlins/smile.gif

10-15-2005, 01:26 PM
For whatever it's worth, I've been playing on Empire for two years, but there just aren't enough 200NL and 100NL full ring games anymore. So I decided to move my money to Ultimate Bet. I'm getting a 28% rakeback deal and got a $200 initial deposit bonus. It's true that you get the bonus slowly but you get it penny for penny as you play, so that's nice. I've been playing the 50NL full ring games and been clearing $1.25 an hour per table on the bonus. I play 2 tables so I've been getting at extra $2.5 an hour. Not a lot but still nice to be getting money for putting in hands that I would play anyway. (You get more for bigger games since the bonus release is based upon rake paid.) UB is also nice because it's big enough that there are always at least a handfull of 200NL games going, along with 100NL and 50NL. Also, dispite popular opinion, UB's games seem to be nearly as loose as Party. They might be just a bit tighter, but it's barely noticeable and in fact I'm not sure they are at all--it's that similar. You actually seem to have more donk preflop miniraises on UB (I think it's the way the keys are set up) than on Party. I actually saw a guy bet out $.50 on the river into a $10 pot and the guy behind him miniraise to $1 on a board of 9-8-7-5-4. The river miniraiser had 9-3 from UTG and it was good. And you still have plenty of people calling down with small pocket pairs for whatever reason. So UB seems to have good games, plenty of them (at least 200NL and below), good initial bonus, and rakeback. The software is also real nice.

I don't work for UB or anything, so don't give me a hard time. I'm just trying to pass along some info to people who might be looking for an alternative just as I was.

Simplistic
10-15-2005, 01:44 PM
another thing is for UB you actually get RB as you clear your bonus.

FreakDaddy
10-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Let me just re-affirm this 4 you. IT WOULD!

FreakDaddy
10-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Yeah I like UB. I'll tell you though that the games ARE tighter. It's not bad though, but looking at PT for example, the average party 25nl pot I have is ~9 bucks, while the average UB pot is ~6.5. It's a significant difference. Although UB's NL100 pot size is very comparable to Party's.

FreakDaddy
10-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Significant point.

10-15-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I like UB. I'll tell you though that the games ARE tighter. It's not bad though, but looking at PT for example, the average party 25nl pot I have is ~9 bucks, while the average UB pot is ~6.5. It's a significant difference. Although UB's NL100 pot size is very comparable to Party's.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be, but the other thing you have to consider is that there is lower variance, which I always like. Also, I was playing at a tighter 50NL table last night and it was actually kind of nice because I could actually win a lot more pots with nothing or close to nothing. I was winning a lot more pots but they may have been smaller, but the end result was the same. And playing a couple hours today on two 50NL tables, the games were very loose, so I didn't buy too many pots but I won one moster one.

Anyway, I like it and could easily see UB becoming my main site from now on. I've never had rakeback on Empire and getting a couple hundred bucks a month sounds nice... (I'm ashamed to admit it, but I didn't realize how much rakeback was until last weekend's uproar.)