PDA

View Full Version : LC - What your profit graph should not look like.

ace_in_the_hole
10-14-2005, 01:15 AM
Try ton find the current downswing. Hint yellow is $33's. LOL

http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/8498/badrun3we.th.gif (http://img416.imageshack.us/my.php?image=badrun3we.gif)

Out.

splashpot
10-14-2005, 01:16 AM
Looks like something my 5 year old cousin drew with crayons.

ace_in_the_hole
10-14-2005, 01:23 AM
Down to 40 in a limit MTT, this could be the big score my morale needs, even getting $45 profit, is good for my morale. Holler. Crayola.

durron597
10-14-2005, 01:25 AM
Stop making posts about how badly you are running. I feel like every time you start a thread it's yet another one about it.

ace_in_the_hole
10-14-2005, 01:30 AM
Sorry, most are hand posts but I usually mention within about my bad run. I will not post any more graph pics, only hands. Holler. I love legos!

lorinda
10-14-2005, 01:33 AM
http://thumb.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/5880/5880,1112086352,3.jpg

Lori

ace_in_the_hole
10-14-2005, 01:37 AM
Lorinda, u not running goot right now. LOL Worse than me. hehehehehhehehehe. JK
quit trying to do worse than me only I can be the worst. OUT.

durron597
10-14-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, most are hand posts but I usually mention within about my bad run. I will not post any more graph pics, only hands. Holler. I love legos!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't post bad beat hands either.

Hendricks433
10-14-2005, 01:48 AM
YES!!!! Durron is the MAN!

10-14-2005, 01:51 AM
Do you feel you self-identify as a losing player?

I just had my first twelve-table OOTM streak at the 22s tonight. This was my first night finishing down since Party Poker allowed ten tables at once. I shrugged after my third set, made myself a whiskey and gingerale then reviewed my hand history on two particularly questionable finishes, ran a couple other pushes through SNG Analyzer and now I'm going to bed satisfied that I still made the best decisions possible and simply ran into the Satanic Goathead of variance.

When I read your posts I keep thinking of a single line response another poster recieved that linked to a definition on a statistics website of "confirmation bias."

If I had this same result five sessions in a row, I would no doubt start to question my own sanity. But I think I've come a long way in the past year toward internalizing victory as making the best theoretical decisions possible.

I lost money tonight, it's true. But I was victorious.

bigt439
10-14-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lorinda, u not running goot right now. LOL Worse than me. hehehehehhehehehe. JK
quit trying to do worse than me only I can be the worst. OUT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt really bad for you initially and responded to a bunch of your earlier posts, but theres a growing part of me that wants you to just go broke so these posts end. This [censored] needs to stop. Can we not lock these threads? There's not even entertainment value in the low content.

The Yugoslavian
10-14-2005, 01:58 AM
SOMEBODY MAKE HIM STOP!!!

DURRON!

CITANUL!

FORUMBOT!!!

/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yugoslav

ace_in_the_hole
10-14-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you feel you self-identify as a losing player?

I just had my first twelve-table OOTM streak at the 22s tonight. This was my first night finishing down since Party Poker allowed ten tables at once. I shrugged after my third set, made myself a whiskey and gingerale then reviewed my hand history on two particularly questionable finishes, ran a couple other pushes through SNG Analyzer and now I'm going to bed satisfied that I still made the best decisions possible and simply ran into the Satanic Goathead of variance.

When I read your posts I keep thinking of a single line response another poster recieved that linked to a definition on a statistics website of "confirmation bias."

If I had this same result five sessions in a row, I would no doubt start to question my own sanity. But I think I've come a long way in the past year toward internalizing victory as making the best theoretical decisions possible.

I lost money tonight, it's true. But I was victorious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post, it inspired me. If only the gods could be inpispired to stop letting my opponents hit their 2 outers.

But seriously I like this post and I'm sure many others will agree. Thanks.

BTW I ahve been reviewing for weeks now after most days. I ahve not noticed any huge problems, I have recently started only playing at peak times as another poster reccomended and I am going to cut back to 3 tables starting tommorow.By monday I may even drop down tot he $22's as the $33's seem so tough to me on Party since the switch, although I know it is my mind playin tricks on me.

Hendricks433
10-14-2005, 01:59 AM
I say we post a Poll on whether to Ban him or not or something. Whatever makes him quit is fine with me. Tar and Feather?

lorinda
10-14-2005, 02:01 AM
http://jokerracewear.com/catalog/images/loser.jpg

Lori

ace_in_the_hole
10-14-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

DURRON!

CITANUL!

FORUMBOT!!!

/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

When you see "LC" before a post and see me as the authour you know what is coming. I feel like this post you made is no different or lacking any less content than my post. This is not meant to be a jab at you but I feel like you hate me cause I am running bad and am trying to get support from an online community that has been there for me over the last year of my poker saturated life. Holler.

bigt439
10-14-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

DURRON!

CITANUL!

FORUMBOT!!!

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

When you see "LC" before a post and see me as the authour you know what is coming. I feel like this post you made is no different or lacking any less content than my post. This is not meant to be a jab at you but I feel like you hate me cause I am running bad and am trying to get support from an online community that has been there for me over the last year of my poker saturated life. Holler.

[/ QUOTE ]

ace_in_the_hole = gimmick account?

10-14-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LC - What your posts should not look like.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

lorinda
10-14-2005, 02:10 AM
Yugo. I was looking for something to flame the OP and found this and thought of you.

http://dreamprogs.ru/downloads/images/moran.jpg

Lori

The Yugoslavian
10-14-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

DURRON!

CITANUL!

FORUMBOT!!!

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude....I certainly don't hate you.

The problem is you're doing this to yourself....the amount of negativity you post on this forum alone is amazing, I can only imagine what you're thinking.

Look...*even* stupidsucker doesn't get this bad....

Have you considered just doing something else? I mean, seriously, not everyone (in fact most people don't) has the psychological fortitude to withstand the vicissitudes of this game even as a hobby let alone playing it for their well being.

Do something else. Simple as that. Find something you enjoy and do it. You're torturing yourself and then letting all of the energy and negativity seep into the online community that you say is helping you. If you're going to vent, vent via PM or IM or the phone or a psych's office or something.....but not like this. Not every day. Not every hour.

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian
10-14-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yugo. I was looking for something to flame the OP and found this and thought of you.

http://dreamprogs.ru/downloads/images/moran.jpg

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha! So you are down with some hot lesbo action!!!

I knew it! I knew it!

Okay, ace in the hole or whatever is off the hook for this thread...it has been *completely* redeemed by Lori.

Excuse me while I go...umm....do something where I can't use my hands to post.....for....a...while...errmm....

Yugoslav
/images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

ace_in_the_hole
10-14-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

DURRON!

CITANUL!

FORUMBOT!!!

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude....I certainly don't hate you.

The problem is you're doing this to yourself....the amount of negativity you post on this forum alone is amazing, I can only imagine what you're thinking.

Look...*even* stupidsucker doesn't get this bad....

Have you considered just doing something else? I mean, seriously, not everyone (in fact most people don't) has the psychological fortitude to withstand the vicissitudes of this game even as a hobby let alone playing it for their well being.

Do something else. Simple as that. Find something you enjoy and do it. You're torturing yourself and then letting all of the energy and negativity seep into the online community that you say is helping you. If you're going to vent, vent via PM or IM or the phone or a psych's office or something.....but not like this. Not every day. Not every hour.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Call.

Truth is, I love poker, that is why the beats are so damaging to me, I wake every morning with a fresh start attitude, it isn;t untill the 4th or 5th losing set that i satrt to wonder how i managed a double digit ROI over 2500 SnG's. The last thing I want to do is give up, I have commited myself to poker and am using this experience to learn how to deal with losing when you are playing good. I know most people on here are world class players but I am stil learning. Learning all things like dealing with tilt and downswings, not just making correct plays. I think the underlying reason I make these posts is that I am hoping a respected poster talks about a downswing they ahd similar to mine. when that doesn;t happen I panic and start to think I was just lucky over my first 18 months as a poker player. I am going to change my ways, I promise.

No hard feelings, you ahve always been one of my favorite posters and not even for obvious reasons. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Holler.

Out.

inyaface
10-14-2005, 02:24 AM
Your basically just an embarassing person...please leave the forum now. Obviously you must be running worse then everyone else and god hates you so just give up. At least then we won't have to listen to you anymore.

boedeker
10-14-2005, 02:27 AM
when i lost 9k playing blackjack on party, what was god thinking? is that why i cant beat the 2/4 he or the 50s now?

The Yugoslavian
10-14-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know most people on here are world class players but I am stil learning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...umm...like....way fewer people on here than you think are world class.

As for the rest of your email...I mean...keep on keepin' on I guess. But you really need a better plan to handle all the ish you're going through. You have absolutely no perspective anymore on your game, your state of mind, or anything involving poker really (which is what you do).

That's a big problem IMO.

Yugoslav

ace_in_the_hole
[ QUOTE ]
Your basically just an embarassing person...please leave the forum now. Obviously you must be running worse then everyone else and god hates you so just give up. At least then we won't have to listen to you anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you realize that your post makes me look a lot more respectable then 10 min. ago. Thanks. I may be negative about poker at the moment but your negativity towards a person is something this forum could definately be without.

P.S. God love us all!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

unreal_nh
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

damn.... no ones forcing you to read it. chill the [censored] out

The Yugoslavian
10-14-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to reply to one of my posts instead of one of the OP's posts.....

Welcome to flat mode, it's not that hard to scroll up and quote the correct post.

Unless you meant I was worthless....if so, I am guilty as charged, /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Yugoslav

ace_in_the_hole
10-14-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As for the rest of your email...I mean...keep on keepin' on I guess. But you really need a better plan to handle all the ish you're going through. You have absolutely no perspective anymore on your game, your state of mind, or anything involving poker really (which is what you do).

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean when you say I have no perspective on anything involving poker, is that your way of saying I am a hack who knows nothing about the game? Elaborate.

The Yugoslavian
10-14-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean when you say I have no perspective on anything involving poker, is that your way of saying I am a hack who knows nothing about the game? Elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guh...no. Sorry that's not what it means.

What it means is that you're so mentally aggravated that you've lost perspective. It's not that you know nothing about the game, it's just that it's *very* easy to lose one's way in a downswing....and while in IT, *very* hard to keep one's mind right.

Look at stupidsucker, he's on like life tilt and is a v strong STT player and has been supporting himself via STTs for over a year. Read some of his recent stuff....does it sound like he has any confidence or is able to accurately assess his ability and/or play? Well, not really and it's b/c after so many bad beats and such the downward spiral is so deep that everything gets confused and murky.

Giga has said world class players *never* tilt. I actually believe that statement. However, getting to that point is ridiculously hard (even though he says it's simple and easy).

In your current mindstate don't make the error of talking yourself into thinking you're not tilting. You almost surely are. On top of that, it's very difficult to figure out exactly what this is resulting in....what mistakes you may be making...what part of your game is good and what actually needs to be fixed.

Yugoslav
PS Okay...F it.....PM me any time you feel the sudden urge to post about something ridiculously idiotic....
PPS And even if you *think* it won't be idiotic...you prolly should pm it to me anyway.

Irieguy
10-14-2005, 02:40 AM
Ace,

I will not call you names or anything, but I will ask you to please stop this nonsense.

If this forum were a restaurant, you are making us feel like we all got seated right next to the bathroom.

Irieguy

inyaface
10-14-2005, 02:43 AM
Sorry yugo, I am in flat mode but I'm a bit to intoxiacted to attempt anything that makes any sort of sense right now, hense my hateful post.

HOWEVER to make a more informative and less hateful post and attempt to disprove my comment made 2 secs ago about not being able to say anything that makes any sort of sense..Dude it's getting really annoying. I don't even read the site that much compared to a lot of people and the only posts i've see from you are...look at how bad I'm running, i'm the only one that runs this bad...nobody else can understand how bad I run.

I've lost a lot of money and had a lot of terrible swings at points. I think i've only posted once about a bad downswing and I totally regreted it after. If you want people to talk to you and tell you everythings going to be ok and your a good player thats fine but don't keep posting about how you run worse then anybody. Just make one post saying I run bad how do I deal with it and most likely someone will say read Irie and Gigas posts on success and failure which are pretty much the nuts on this topic.

In fact I'm going to stop now before I make another post that I regret. I didn't mean anything I said in the post before. Just read Irie and Gigas posts, grow up, take the swings and just pwn. PLEASE