PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite $1 fast food item?

10-14-2005, 01:04 AM
I liked the .99 double cheeseburger from Burger King but I think they raised the price to $1.29 or so. I've seen a couple places that still sell them for .99, although the majority seem not to.

I think the Jumbo Jack from Jack-In-The-Box is okay. In-N-Out hamburger qualifies somewhat since I believe it's around $1.

3 tacos for .99 at Del Taco on Tuesdays is pretty good. McD's 6 piece nuggets on Tuesdays and filet-o-fish on Fridays I like very much.

anyhow, what do you like?

ZeeJustin
10-14-2005, 01:07 AM
I gotta go with chicken nuggets from Wendy's.

10-14-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you like these better than the McD's ones? I believe Wendy's gives you 5 pieces while McD's gives you 6, correct? I also think McD's chicken quality is a little better than Wendy's, but maybe that's because they use some type of radioactive chicken with 3 heads and 4 legs.

webmonarch
10-14-2005, 01:08 AM
McCHicken sandwich, sans mayo.

10-14-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
McCHicken sandwich, sans mayo.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a good one. I can't believe I forgot to include that. I agree with your mayo comment but I think it's a little too dry without any. I actually prefer to get some of their hot mustard sauce and pour a little bit on each bite. Chicken + hot mustard sauce is a good combo.

Sooga
I'll go with the Carl's Jr. Spicy Chicken Sandwich, also sans mayo.

McDonald's double cheeseburger is pretty good and an incredible value. Also, for some reason, a McDonald's by my house sells a double cheeseburger for $1.00, but a regular cheeseburger for $1.09.

10-14-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll go with the Carl's Jr. Spicy Chicken Sandwich, also sans mayo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, another good one. I also like their Famous Star.

PoBoy321
10-14-2005, 01:14 AM
McDonald's Chicken Fajita. I'm not sure if they still have it on the menu since I haven't been to McD's in a long time, but damn is it good.

Rick Nebiolo
10-14-2005, 01:16 AM
1/4 pound double stack with cheese was 99 cents at Wendy's but is now $1.29. Paired up with the 99 cent chicken nuggets it's saved me from eating my first meal at Hollywood Park many a time.

~ Rick

10-14-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
McDonald's Chicken Fajita. I'm not sure if they still have it on the menu since I haven't been to McD's in a long time, but damn is it good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I remember trying these long time ago. They were quite good. I also remember when they were selling Big Macs for .99 a while back but not anymore.

Burger King use to sell their Whoppers for .99 for a long time back in the late 90's I believe. I think it was for over a year. Man, that was the best .99 deal EVER. The Whopper is the Nuts.

Blarg
10-14-2005, 01:24 AM
Green burrito at Del Taco. Cost 69 cents I think.

Also the chicken or pork satays they sell out back outside a Thai market I know.

astroglide
10-14-2005, 01:27 AM
bean burrito no onion plus red sauce

anybody remember a mexican restaurant called zantigo in the 80s? their entire menu was 99 cents and under, and the food was really good. taco bell bought them.

PoBoy321
10-14-2005, 01:27 AM
There is a diner near my home in Jersey called the White Manna which has what are very likely the best burgers in the world. They're White Castle style (small, heavy on the cheese and onions), made fresh (so I'm not sure if they constitute fast food) and are the best drunk food imaginable. They're like $1.05 each and easily the best food $1 can buy.

webgator
10-14-2005, 01:28 AM
1. McD's Spicy McChicken
2. Wendy's Jr Bacon
3. Wendy's Chili
4. McD's Double Cheeseburger
5. Wendy's Jr Cheeseburger

ChipWrecked
10-14-2005, 01:30 AM
Snacker sandwich at KFC.

Duffman
10-14-2005, 01:31 AM
KFC Snacker

Notorious G.O.B.
10-14-2005, 02:41 AM
"why do you like these better than the McD's ones? I believe Wendy's gives you 5 pieces while McD's gives you 6, correct? I also think McD's chicken quality is a little better than Wendy's, but maybe that's because they use some type of radioactive chicken with 3 heads and 4 legs."

Mcdonald's are more than $1. Wendy's are also better, imo.

Notorious G.O.B.
10-14-2005, 02:43 AM
I'm going with the chili cheese burrito, from Taco Bell. It might be a little more than a dollar, though.

Malachii
10-14-2005, 02:47 AM
dmfsmd

Sightless
10-14-2005, 02:52 AM
Ill go with Wendeys CHilli

d10
10-14-2005, 02:53 AM
BK cheeseburgers are the best. Whenever I go flying at night and plan on eating in the air I get 4-6 of these. They're great because they're not messy.

It took me a while to figure out that Whopper Jrs were just cheeseburgers with extra toppings. I like my burgers plain so I would always order Whopper Jrs with only cheese/ketchup, and they were expensive. Finally someone working there was like "Uhhh, why don't you just order cheeseburgers?"

EMcWilliams
10-14-2005, 02:54 AM
As a Former manager, the McD mchicken with some d-onion is the [censored]

LoaferGee12
10-14-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ill go with Wendeys CHilli

[/ QUOTE ]

It's quite filling too.

The Yugoslavian
10-14-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I gotta go with chicken nuggets from <font color="red">McDonalds</font>.

[/ QUOTE ]

On Tuesdays at least....

If it's a different day then I'd go with the KFC snacker...that thing is damn tasty.

Yugoslav

10-14-2005, 03:01 AM
My FAVORITE of all time was a promotion Carl's Junior had called jalapeno cheese burger. It was by far my favorite, I always asked for like tripple jalapenos and they would for no cost. I ate like 2 a day one summer. Anyone else enjoy this classic?

Jules22
10-14-2005, 03:47 AM
the late night 1/2 lb bean and cheese from my local taco bell. it is ginormous, and has the delicious sauce from their quesidilla on it. i go no onions tho, and of course, i am biased because i &lt;3 taco bell.

M0n3y0nf1r3
10-14-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Snacker sandwich at KFC.

[/ QUOTE ]
-Andrew

Klepton
10-14-2005, 04:03 AM
jack in the box chicken sandwich. or caramel apple empanada at taco bell.

zephed
10-14-2005, 06:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In-N-Out hamburger qualifies somewhat since I believe it's around $1.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think this qualifies, but if it does, it's my choice.

dibbs
10-14-2005, 06:31 AM
Junior Bacon Cheeseburger from Wendys.

I eat like 6 at a time.

The4Aces
10-14-2005, 06:49 AM
JBCs are 1.29 now

newhizzle
10-14-2005, 06:59 AM
it used to be the junior bacon cheesburger, but now is $1.29, [censored] that

mlh2e
10-14-2005, 08:53 AM
Double Decker taco. Fire sauce.

DukeSucks
10-14-2005, 09:01 AM
McChicken Sandwich
Jr Bacon Cheesburger from Wendy's
McDonalds 32oz sweet tea
KFC snacker

steelcmg
10-14-2005, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always get 5 packs of these there GooT.

samjjones
10-14-2005, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TheBlueMonster
10-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Rat enchilladas are especially tasty from Taco Bell.

imported_The Vibesman
10-14-2005, 09:18 AM
McDonald's double cheeseburger, no pickles, no onions, no regard for my body and health.

IndieMatty
10-14-2005, 09:45 AM
Since they have raised the prices of each chains respective double cheeseburger to $1.29, the correct answer is the Fajita from McD's. If this was 6 months ago, the Double Cheeseburger from McDonalds, not only is the best $1.00 menu item, it might just be the best burger on McDonalds' menu.

daryn
10-14-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Since they have raised the prices of each chains respective double cheeseburger to $1.29, the correct answer is the Fajita from McD's. If this was 6 months ago, the Double Cheeseburger from McDonalds, not only is the best $1.00 menu item, it might just be the best burger on McDonalds' menu.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the breakfast burrito deserves honorable mention

IndieMatty
10-14-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Over a buck in NY. If this is not the case everywhere else, then I concur.

Edit: I don't think people realize how good the McDonalds faux mexican food is.

JordanIB
10-14-2005, 10:05 AM
No love for the Mozzerella sticks from McDonalds?

I now get those every time I go, no matter what my actual meal is.

Soul Daddy
10-14-2005, 10:08 AM
Though I've never had it sober, I submit the french onion cheeseburger from White Castle.

IndieMatty
10-14-2005, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus. I like some crappy food, but the mozz sticks from McD's are terrible.

dibbs
NOOOOOO. It's been a while since I've rocked fast food. Oh well since I never go anymore not that bad a thing.

IndieMatty
[ QUOTE ]
Though I've never had it sober, I submit the french onion cheeseburger from White Castle.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a speciality item. I'm so jealous, that I have never had it. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

daryn
10-14-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the fajitas are great. anyway i thought they were a buck because sometimes they have a promotion where they are.. oh well

Soul Daddy
10-14-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a speciality item. I'm so jealous, that I have never had it. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
As in it's not available at all times or it's available on a regional basis only?

IndieMatty
10-14-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the fajitas are great. anyway i thought they were a buck because sometimes they have a promotion where they are.. oh well

[/ QUOTE ]

They very well could be. NY is generally more expensive. You're in Mass which is cheaper and has weird stuff like, the McLobster Roll.

JordanIB
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They're just as good if not just short of any I get in a pizza shop or diner, and at 4 for a buck instead of 6 or 8 for $5, it's a steal.

IndieMatty
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As in it's not available at all times or it's available on a regional basis only?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not available at all times. Great, great now I'm starving.

SL__72
If the breakfast burrito was only $1 it would at least be the best breakfast item for that price.

The meat and potato burrito at TB is good too, but again is $1.29.

So I guess... sober the Rodeo Cheeseburger from BK wins and intoxicated... however many jalapeno cheeseburgers I can get from White Castle for under $1 (1 or 2?)

SL__72
10-14-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

They very well could be. NY is generally more expensive. You're in Mass which is cheaper and has weird stuff like, the McLobster Roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that any good? I saw it when I was in Maine a few years back but never had one...

nyc999
10-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Hot Dog from Gray's Papaya, NYC - perfection for under a dollar

samjjones
10-14-2005, 10:27 AM
I think the question was meant to pertain to "nationally available" fast food, but yeah, $0.75 hot dogs are a pretty great deal.

IndieMatty
10-14-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that any good? I saw it when I was in Maine a few years back but never had one...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never had, but I hear nothing but good things.

swede123
10-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Let me put in a vote for McDonald's 3 chocolate chip cookies for a buck. If you get some that are fairly fresh they are actually very good cookies. If you compare these cookies to cookies from a bakery etc. versus McD's burgers compared to those from a good burger joint you really see that the cookies at McDonald's are a tremendous bargain, and a must-buy anytime you're up for some inflamed arteries.

Swede

IndieMatty
10-14-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let me put in a vote for McDonald's 3 chocolate chip cookies for a buck. If you get some that are fairly fresh they are actually very good cookies. If you compare these cookies to cookies from a bakery etc. versus McD's burgers compared to those from a good burger joint you really see that the cookies at McDonald's are a tremendous bargain, and a must-buy anytime you're up for some inflamed arteries.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how I forgot about this. McDonalds Chocalate Chip cookies are some of the best cookies you can buy.

Good job Swede.

samjjones
10-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Unfortunately, I stopped eating McDonald's cookies when they stopped making them in the shape of Grimace, Hamburgler, and Mayor McCheese.

Crveballin
10-14-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10-14-2005, 11:34 AM
McDonald's double cheeseburger is an unbeatable deal, but there are plenty of lesser acceptable options.

Taco Bell spicy chicken burrito
Wendy's Jr Cheeseburger, chicken nuggets, frosty
BK cheeseburger (although it's $1.09 here now)

Jeff W
10-14-2005, 11:41 AM
I like Wendy's Crispy Chicken Nuggets and Caesar Side Salad.

10-14-2005, 11:43 AM
Burger King Taco's. 2 for $.99 get 6 and eat like the King of Juarez.

LLL

STLantny
10-14-2005, 11:45 AM
2 Jack in the Box tacos for 99 cents.

Clarkmeister
10-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Burger King double cheeseburger.

littlebu
10-14-2005, 11:58 AM
It's between Wendy's chicken nuggets and the Jr. Bacon cheeseburger sans mayo

Bulldog
10-14-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it used to be the junior bacon cheesburger, but now is $1.29, [censored] that

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Still at $0.99 on that menu that I nominate is the Side Caesar Salad.

DrNo888
10-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Rubio's Carnitas Street Taco

I think Rubio is only in CA tho.

Predator314
10-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Double cheeseburger at McD's.

However, I just watched Super Size Me last night. I don't think I'll eat anymore McD's for a while. Sure it's a somewhat biased documentary, but it made me look at the nutritional value of some of the meals I've been eating.

It's a wonder I'm not dead after eating the Grilled Sourdough Burger from Hardees. The meal has something like 91 grams of fat and over 1800 calories.

samjjones
10-14-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

However, I just watched Super Size Me last night. I don't think I'll eat anymore McD's for a while. Sure it's a somewhat biased documentary, but it made me look at the nutritional value of some of the meals I've been eating.

It's a wonder I'm not dead after eating the Grilled Sourdough Burger from Hardees. The meal has something like 91 grams of fat and over 1800 calories.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm getting sick of reading posts like this almost everyday here..."After watching Super Size Me, I'll never eat blah blah blah". I would eat a fried [censored] sandwich if it tasted good. People have been eating stuff that is bad for them ever since man-ape rubbed two sticks together and created fire. So long as you eat a well balanced diet, this stuff isn't bad for you long-term.

syka16
10-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Dbl cheeseburger w/ $1 sundae

daryn
10-14-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so before you watched a documentary you had no idea mcdonalds was so bad for your body?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

daryn
10-14-2005, 02:18 PM
by the way this thread is the perfect example of a really solid thread

benfranklin
10-14-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

anybody remember a mexican restaurant called zantigo in the 80s? their entire menu was 99 cents and under, and the food was really good. taco bell bought them.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are still here (or back) in the Twin Cities. No longer a 99 cent menu, but good food at a decent price. Not sure if the chilito is under a buck, but it's a winner.

10-14-2005, 02:30 PM
White Castle cheeseburger

astroglide
10-14-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They are still here (or back) in the Twin Cities. No longer a 99 cent menu, but good food at a decent price. Not sure if the chilito is under a buck, but it's a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

i checkout out zantigo.com and under 'about us' it looks like they're claiming a 1999 genesis and not some kind of restaurant continuation. i emailed the franchising people to affirm my belief and i'll report the results if i get any.

10-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Hey,

So I drove by In-N-Out today and noticed that their hamburgers cost $1.60. I thought it was ~$1.10 but I was wrong, their fries cost that much. Anyhow, those don't qualify although I think they are the best fast food burger.

I bought a filet-o-fish today and 2 McChicken sandwiches sans mayo and they were quite good. I spread some horseradish mustard I have from a deli joint and it was even better. I ate the filet-o-fish as is and I still think it's quite good.

Seems like quite a number of you guys suggested the KFC Snacker, which I never tried before but seen their commercials. I'll try one this weekend and I'm looking forward to it. Should I request some type of sauce or something for it?

I'm surprised not that many people suggested the BK double cheeseburger which I think is one of the BEST .99 value items in the world. Their meat tastes a lot better than Jack or McD's or Wendy's. Since it's flame-broiled I think it's on another level compared to their competition.

Dacoops3
10-15-2005, 12:05 AM
I like to get a double cheeseburger, small fries, and mozzerella sticks from Mc D's and put the fries and mozzerella sticks on the burger grease truck style.