PDA

View Full Version : Royal Flush Draw.

10-14-2005, 01:00 AM
A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif 4 to a Royal Flush on the flop. I cannot bring myself to fold this, ever! Does anyone here ever fold this, and if so, under what circumstances? This may be a leak in my game, as I have lost some large chip chunks chasing this draw...though I have won catching regular straights, too. Any thoughts, comments, or convincing reasons for folding will be appreciated. Thank you! -Geri.

runner4life7
10-14-2005, 01:40 AM
if you chase for the sole reason to get a royal flush this is a clear leak. if you have odds go for it, but there are no "bonus odds" for it being a royal flush. You dont get extra chips, no one thinks you are cooler because you get one.

10-14-2005, 01:41 AM
Post specific hands for meaningful responses.

A straight+flush draw can be a good semi-bluff. Sometimes your opponent folds and you win the pot. Sometimes they call and you draw out on them. These aspects combined make an all in semi-bluff a profitable play.

The fact that ONE CARD can make the best hand possible should have no bearing on your decisions.

The one time I made a royal flush I didn't even notice. My brain wasn't programmed to see that hand, so I just thought I had an Ace-high flush while I was actually playing it. Once the hand ended, I was shocked to see I had actually hit one.

10-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Thank you, both, for your help!
(2 kneels and bows.)
-Geri.

10-14-2005, 12:48 PM
while all thats been said is true, dont forget that youre >50% to hit either a straight or a flush at both turn and river, so fold it with caution.