PDA

View Full Version : Stars 2/4 and 3/6 LO8

Burdzthewurd
10-14-2005, 12:01 AM
Anyone else find these games a lot swingier and aggressive than Party? A lot more raising and reraising preflop, and it has seemed like button autoraises when folded to. Players still bad, if not worse, I'm just clearing the bonus here and still like the passive Party games better.

Wintermute
10-14-2005, 12:10 AM
Stars PL games are total opposite. Weak-tight, so you can outplay the good players. And plenty of dumbasses who will pay you off with less than nothing.

Still, their software is so painful, I think I'll resume PP after I clear that bonus.

MyTurn2Raise
10-14-2005, 05:23 AM
I"m in complete agreement...the stars limit o8 games are much more aggressive pre-flop and post-flop, while still being decently multi-handed. Makes me think there are lots of limit hold'em players in the game, which can only be +ev.

Ironman
10-14-2005, 09:15 AM
I've noticed a change in the aggressiveness at Ultimate Bet this week. I think it's because of the Skins/Party players looking for a home.

Lot's of new players at the 3/6 game...bigger variance over a short sample size.

Dave

10-14-2005, 10:22 AM
I was in the 10/20 on stars the other night that was the same way..

I played 3 orbits, and 5 hands were 5 way capped PF.

It was a wild ride.

It was a great feeling to have A23Ks on the BB in a 5 way capped pot and flop the nut flush and nut low.

(too bad the board paired on the turn and then the low counterfeited on the river, only to have the pot be scooped by 864Ao)

The 5/10 has been the same way.

I havent played the plo8 there in a few days, but its been nice having a few full games.

Hell at 9am est there were 1/2 and .50/1 plo8 games going with lists.

DyessMan89
10-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Aggressive holdem players testing out LO8- +EV

Might suffer a bit more variance at stars, but its a goldmine for profit.