PDA

View Full Version : Couple thoughts on chopping

Vehn
05-29-2003, 03:02 PM
I normally play $15/$30 which is a 3 chip/2 chip blind structure. The game is heavily raked on the front end to $4, and as a result its most likely to everyone's advantage if they chop. However of course there's a few players who don't. One regular in particular uses a somewhat interesting strategy wittingly or not. He is a mediocre player, but he will always limp/complete the small blind if its folded to him. He's obviously getting a huge overlay here if the BB checks. I was fortunate enough to sit to his left yesterday and of course used the correct counter strategy, which was raise with any two cards when he limps in the small blind. He did it once, I looked down to 82s, and I was $15 richer.

Another thing I was thinking about was if you're to the right of a non-chopper. Now its clearly correct that you inform the person to your right that you will not be chopping with them. Not doing this is putting yourself at a tremendous disadvantage.

I was also considering being a "table-selective chopper", in that if I happen to be to the left (or right) of a very weak player I will not chop that day, but in a tougher position later on that day I will chop. I don't think I have the balls for that though.

Franchise (TTT)
05-30-2003, 01:48 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Another thing I was thinking about was if you're to the right of a non-chopper. Now its clearly correct that you inform the person to your right that you will not be chopping with them. Not doing this is putting yourself at a tremendous disadvantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why. What does chopping on one side have to do with the other?