PDA

View Full Version : How much do you make working off a bonus???

10-13-2005, 09:12 PM
This is my first post....I just finished working off a party poker bonus. I had to play 700 raked hands for a $100 bonus. I chose to play $1-$2 limit holdem 10 person table ring games. I was 6 tabling so my game on any table was not the best and I played tight so I could keep up with the tables.... anyway here are my stats:

Time to get bonus: under 3 hours
Total hands: 1061
Raked hands: 700
Flops Seen: 21%
Hands won: 74 (7 percent)
Money won/lost: +$40.38

I have done many bonuses and these are typical stats for me. Does anyone else multitable to get the bonus over with? Do you play $1-$2 or higher limits? How much do you typically win? I am up $140.38 for a little less than 3 hours...big deal but I am curious what other peoples stats look like.

Thanks in advance for sharing....

UATrewqaz
10-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Well in a typical bonus clearing session you don't play enough hands to have ag ood average, variance and all.

But if you are a good player, let's say 2 BB / 100 at .5/1 , and you take say 2000 hands to clear a full bonus then technically you'd "should" (EV wise) be up 40 BB ($40).

I hope you didn't get those stats off Party Poker's stat thing, it sucks ass.

Get Poker Tracker immediately fi you plan on making a serious effort to get better.

10-13-2005, 09:19 PM
I did get the stats from PP but are they not accurate? I have been seriously considering poker tracker. The only reason I dont have it yet is because I split my time between stud and holdem. Obviously PT wont help for stud. What is the best feature of PT, finding leaks in your game or classifying your opponents?

Thanks for the reply

playersare
10-13-2005, 09:23 PM
$40.38 profit in 1061 dealt hands works out to about $3.81 per 100 hands, or 1.9BB/100 at $1/2 limits. these are relatively good results and show that you have a pretty good idea what you're doing at the tables, especially since you say that these figures are typical for you.

if I may try and critique a little, your hands won and seen flop % do seem a bit low, even if you are multitabling heavily. overall you should expect to win at least an amount of hands proportional to the number of players at each table. so 10 people dealt in, each should roughly win at least 10% of their own hands over time (of course their actual monetary results are based on winning more on good hands and losing less on bad ones). also, including checked big blinds, a seen flop percentage of 21% seems excessively tight. your VP$IP might be in the low teens and you may not be coming in on speculative hands like small pairs and suited neighbors when there are a lot of limpers ahead of you and the pot odds justify a call. so while you do make a decent amount on your strong holdings, perhaps you are not playing enough of your mid-range hands which can also be profitable. you might go over your stats in Poker Tracker (if you own it) and/or post hand examples or general questions in the Micro-Limit forums for more feedback.

but overall, I'd say you're already on a pretty good track. keep it up.

10-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Thanks a lot for your post. I definately have a hard time playing marginal holdings. Especially in low limit holdem which I think should be named "suckoutem". I need work in my limit holdem game and I get into trouble when I start coming in on close call type of hands.

I agree on hands won and flops seen. For the last 2/3 of my session I could have come in for a raise with certain hands that I dont like doing that. For instance A-10/A-J/qj/kj/kq/suited connectors/low pairs. These are marginal to me and are trouble hands. I think I was running a little cold but I was also very tight. I definatley dont play THAT tight normally...this was the first time for me 6 tableing and it was hard to keep up. A number of times I folded hands like q9s in position cause I was involved in other hands on other tables.

I really need to get poker tracker!!!!

10-13-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks a lot for your post. I definately have a hard time playing marginal holdings. Especially in low limit holdem which I think should be named "suckoutem". I need work in my limit holdem game and I get into trouble when I start coming in on close call type of hands.

I agree on hands won and flops seen. For the last 2/3 of my session I could have come in for a raise with certain hands that I dont like doing that. For instance A-10/A-J/qj/kj/kq/suited connectors/low pairs. These are marginal to me and are trouble hands. I think I was running a little cold but I was also very tight. I definatley dont play THAT tight normally...this was the first time for me 6 tableing and it was hard to keep up. A number of times I folded hands like q9s in position cause I was involved in other hands on other tables.

I really need to get poker tracker!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

More importantly, read Small Stakes Hold'em. It sounds like you have a decent grasp of the game, but for the limits you're playing at, your preflop skills seem a bit flawed. Since those are the easiest to master, I'd imagine your postflop skills to not be any better. Please don't take this in any kind of a "mean" way or anything; I just want to make sure you take it upon yourself to study the game a little bit more before making less than optimal moves a habit.

You're above average I'm sure, but when you call AJ a marginal starting hand, you're probably playing too weak-tight. Also, if 6-tabling is hurting your play, cut it down to at least 4...

My $.02.

- thing85 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

TobDog
10-13-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so 10 people dealt in, each should roughly win at least 10% of their own hands over time

[/ QUOTE ]

If everyone plays every hand and goes to the river thas the expectation, if you are a skilled player, your win% will be lower than 1/# of players @table. You are going to fold many hands that would be winners(junk) and will bet and raise with the hands you will win with.

my .02

tobdog