PDA

View Full Version : Quad monitor setup easiest way?

10-13-2005, 07:37 PM
I installed a graphics card to my dell desktop to get the dual monitor setup working.

If I want to add two more monitors do I need to add another dual monitor card or replace my existing card?

I know more information might be needed to answer but i'm illiterate when it comes to these things so let me know what you need to know to set up one these things.

Thanks in advance for the help

Link774
10-14-2005, 09:10 AM
You could replace your existing card and find one with 4 outputs, but I think it would be easier and equally effective just to get another dual output card, if you have room for one.

The4Aces
10-14-2005, 10:53 AM
i remember hearing that another dual output card will work.

10-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Theres also a way to use 2 computers. Its kind of like creating a cluster thru the network. You can have 2 monitors per computer and this program will span your screen across them all. I dont remember what its called, i remember reading about this in a magazine, it was used in a 6 monitor set up.

krimson
10-14-2005, 04:30 PM
That is most definitely overcomplicating things when all he needs to do is add a 2nd card with dual-support.

10-14-2005, 04:52 PM
2nd card is the most straightforward and economical. only quad cards you'll find are workstation class and that's going to be $500+

Just be sure to get the right type. If you have a non-SLI motherboard, you'll need to get a PCI card (not PCI-Express, not AGP).

Link774
10-14-2005, 05:24 PM
The program is called MaxiVista. I was thinking of getting that because I play in a recliner with a laptop, and a monitor on a table to my left. When I need to run to the bathroom (while continuing to play poker /images/graemlins/blush.gif), it's a pain to unplug it, and will probably wear out the connector at some point.