PDA

View Full Version : Dentist trip report...

utmt40
10-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Ok as you know I asked earlier in the week about being put to sleep to have a tooth taken out or just sucking it up and staying awake. I ended up being a cheap ass and staying awake while they did it. Anyway here we go...

I make my way in the building and they have me go to the back and one of the assistants comes by and talks with me for a few mins and such until the dentist himself comes in. After about a five minute wait he comes in and gives me the dreaded shots. The first two in the gums werent that bad but the one I took in the roof of my mouth sucked ass. Then they wait a while and let the numbness kick in and they go to work. He started doing something that was a bit uncomfortable and they gave me a few more shots. So he starts back at it and I was totally uncomfortable the rest of the time there. Not his fault just the way my tooth sat in there. I had a root going one way on one side and on the other side another root going the other way. I could hear it coming out and it was really creapy sounding but the doc and nurse lady were really cool the whole time. They couldnt have been any nicer. I am still numb and all now but my reccomendation to everyone here is simple...dont be a cheap ass and sit through it just spend the extra cash to get put to sleep. I was put to sleep when I had my wisdom teeth taken out and it went flawless. Anyway I am going to lay down now but I did want to share this with you all. Take care and have a good rest of the day...

Mike