PDA

View Full Version : Good Night, and Good Luck and In Her Shoes

andyfox
10-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Good Night, and Good Luck is terrific. George Clooney co-wrote and directed, about Edward R. Murrow and the staff at his TV Show at CBS in the 1950s. Wonderful performance by David Strathairn as Murrow and good acting all around. (I thought Clooney himself was the weakest.) Beautifully photographed in black and white, something of a period peace and very educational for those not familiar with the subject. Clooney's father was a TV news anchorman, and his aunt was the great singer Rosemary Clooney, and you can see and hear those influences on him in the picture. Well worth seeing.

In Her Shoes was pretty good, especially if you're not expecting too much. Your wife/girlfriend will love it, as it's basically a chic-pic about two sisters and their grandmother and what families go through.. Good acting from Cameron Diaz, Toni Colette and Shirley McLaine, but pretty formulaic. A nice diversion.

WDC
10-14-2005, 12:54 PM
I am really loooking forward to Good Night and Good Luck. I heard a Public Radio interview with Clooney and it looks real good. I also wrote a couple of papers in college on McCarthy so I know a lot of the background.

I am not looking forward to In her Shoes but therer is no Doubt i will be seeing it before GoodLuck and Good Night.