PDA

View Full Version : To All the Morons Who Think the World is Overpopulated

Timer
05-29-2003, 09:24 AM
Get Real. God said: "Go forth, be fruitful and multiply."

Get over it. Do you really think good ol' planet Earth can't handle all of us silly humanoids? You can't stop people from [censored]. Ain't gonna happen. God planned for that.

By the way, if you take all the people in the world and put them into groups of four, and then give each unit of four a 1200 sq ft house, you could fit all the people in the world into the state of Texas with enough room left over for roads, schools, parks, shopping centers, etc..

Easy E
05-29-2003, 09:54 AM
in a 40 by 30 house, where is the bathroom- next to the kitchen sink?

How big IS Texas, anyway, in square miles? The housing alone requires ~64,566 square miles and that's if they are continuous housing.

Oh, I just checked. 267K square miles, huh? guess there is some room there... if we include Texans' EGOS... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Well, let's see now- 40 x 30 house, would need at a minumum 20 on each side between houses for sanitation, ala "Utopia" (plot now 50x60, or 3000 sq ft...)... which is 2.5 times 64,566 = 161K square miles, with no roads... or places to work, or trees, or rivers....

Where are the parks fitting again?

HDPM
05-29-2003, 10:09 AM
C'mon. The Bible said be fruitful and multiply. Who do you think you are to inject math or logic in the discussion? It must be absolutely true if it's in the Bible. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

nicky g
05-29-2003, 10:34 AM
"guess there is some room there... if we include Texans' EGOS"

don't forget their hats

MMMMMM
05-29-2003, 10:47 AM
I think you've brought new definitions to the following words and phrases:

"Get Real": Go Thou And Find A Biblical Reference, So That Ye Might Know Reality

"Get Over It": Don't Fight The Lord's Will, and Be Thou Certain He Has Planned All

Thanks Timer!

andyfox
05-29-2003, 12:01 PM
The strength of Timer's argument seems to be directly related to the manner of his argument, as shown in his post title.

adios
05-29-2003, 12:41 PM
"By the way, if you take all the people in the world and put them into groups of four, and then give each unit of four a 1200 sq ft house, you could fit all the people in the world into the state of Texas with enough room left over for roads, schools, parks, shopping centers, etc.. "

Presumably one could also do this in Sahara Desert as well by your logic.

Timer
05-29-2003, 01:15 PM
>>Presumably one could also do this in Sahara Desert as well by your logic.<<

Excellent point!

Hell, if my math is a little off let's give'em Oklahoma as well.

Cyrus
05-29-2003, 01:23 PM
"God said: Go forth, be fruitful and multiply."

There is no god. Just us humans -- and the rest of the fauna and flora. But I do try to follow that advice, or at least half of it.

"Do you really think good ol' planet Earth can't handle all of us silly humanoids?"

How do you know it can? We have been doing fine up to now with much less people. This isn't a gamble where we can afford to just have "the best of it". This is all or nothing at all! This is a bet where you wanna have as less risk of losing as possible.

"God planned for that."

Our sun is a middle aged star. In another five billion years our sun goes out and the show is over. Do you know what's the plan for that?

--Cyrus

PS : If we are humanoids, can you tell me, please, who are the real thing?? (Don't tell me the Canadians.)

andyfox
05-29-2003, 01:33 PM
Texas, Sahara Desert, what's the dif? Same climate, same culture. . .

Zeno
05-29-2003, 02:23 PM
.....same morons.....

andyfox
05-29-2003, 02:27 PM
I've never seen any evidence of god having said anything. And I certainly wouldn't take advice from a vengeful, heaven-based god anyway.

I'm not so sure how fine we've been doing up to now, but I wouldn't worry about the earth handling any more of us. The earth will be just fine. It will eat up the plastic and the stuff coming in thru the ozone hole and everything else, including us, just like it ate up the dinosaurs and who knows what. The earth will be just fine.

I don't know what "the plan" is for when the sun turns off, but I'm wiling to bet that humans will be gone long before.

John Cole
05-29-2003, 03:22 PM
. . . but I'm waiting for the right offer.

John

John Cole
05-29-2003, 03:31 PM
"I was working on a flat tax proposal and accidentally proved there is no God." --Homer Simpson

Dr Wogga
05-29-2003, 03:55 PM
.....exhibit A: "be fruitful" - Queer is good
.....exhibit B: "and multiply" - Hetero is good

Conclusion: Bible was written by liberals /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Dr Wogga
05-29-2003, 04:07 PM
...how many Ethiopians can fit in a phone booth?

.....all of them.

Aside to Cyrus: canadians aren't even sub-humanoids, hence they aren't part of the mathematical equation, along with the others from the coaltion of the spineless and the countries boycotted daily by the good Dr

MMMMMM
05-29-2003, 07:05 PM
andy,

The Earth can't eat up the plastic...plastic is totally non-biodegradable, that is, for all practical purposes, indestructible...plastic molecules never disappear...I just saw it on an educational TV show a few days ago.

MMMMMM
05-29-2003, 07:11 PM
How many tons of trash and raw sewage your hypothetical inhabitants of Texas will produce per year, and what will be done with it. Although I'm sure God will find a way to deal with it even if we can't.

andyfox
05-30-2003, 01:20 AM
I'm certainly no expert on this matter, but I'd still take a bet that the earth outlives the plastic. But there was a time everyone in the sports bar would make sure to Ask Andy what he thought about a game, so they could bet the opposite, and with excellent results. So take my prognosis with a grain of plastic.

andyfox
05-30-2003, 01:22 AM
Two fish in a tank are arguing. By and by the argument gets heated. Pretty soon they start fighting and soon thereafter all you see are a bunch of mangled fins and gills and the like.

Finally, one says to the other, "Oh yeah, if there's no god, who changes the water?"