PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 ATs from BB

beaster
10-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Thoughts on this hand: Preflop is textbook, after flop I had a gutshot, backdoor flush, and an overcard. Not bad, right? I lead the flop because on hands like this I also don't mind if my opponents just give up right then and there. If raised, I check and call. If the turn gives me a flush draw or pairs my overcard, I check and call. Ditto for river. If I make my gutshot, I bet the turn.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

10-13-2005, 05:38 PM
As standard as it gets IMO.

lautzutao
10-13-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TomBrooks
10-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Why does the starting chart in SSH under a tight game show ATs as a raise in the blinds but not in early position? If it's not good enough to raise from early position, why is it good to raise from the blinds? If it's only under certain circumstances, what are they?

10-13-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg J
10-13-2005, 06:43 PM
It probably has something to do with the fact that when you are in the blinds, you (should) already have several callers commited and want to make them pay another bet. In EP you are forcing people to cold call if you raise, and since ATs plays well with lots of callers, they recommend a limp.

FWIW, I usually open raise ATs in EP.

gopnik
10-13-2005, 06:45 PM
what is the question? very standard...

aces_dad
10-13-2005, 07:14 PM
One such situation would be 6 folds, button calls, SB completes.

This is about the weakest way any 2 people could enter a pot so I'd say hero is pretty likely to have the best hand here.

Edit: this is a specific reply to Tom's post, not a generic one about why raise from the blinds vs EP.