PDA

View Full Version : Raise, fold, or call down?

joeski19
10-13-2005, 04:56 PM
I was playing at a somewhat loose table 41% VP$IP for the table. Only 20 hands on the reads.

SB is 47% VP$IP 16% PFR
MP1 is 37% VP$IP 22% PFR

* Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Ks, Kd ]

PreFlop: 3 folds, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ Jh, Qs, 4c ]
SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, SB calls, MP1 calls

** Dealing Turn ** : [ 9h ]
SB bets, MP1 3-bets, Hero…??

SB-this guy could have anything out of the small blind, but he seems to like suited cards. Not sure if he would bet a flush draw.

MP1-He raised preflop so he might have hit a set on the turn, or could have slow played the flop.

I like the lags, but sometime they make me scratch my head.

aargh57
10-13-2005, 05:06 PM
On the turn MP1 raised not 3 bet but I still think I reraise the turn. These guys are loose and I think that there's a good chance that you're still ahead and if you're not you have 3 good outs (non /images/graemlins/heart.gif T's) and 3 fair outs (the other T and the 2 K's. If you raise and get called you will pay only as much as if you call and then call down on the river UI. If you get raised or bet into on the river this backfires as now you pay more bets if you're behind. The question is, what chance do you have of getting raised/bet into on the river? I think they probably call anything less then trips, so 2 pair, 1 pair, or draws are calling you and trips and straights are raising you (even some trips (like 9's and 4's may call/check). I think you're more going to get to showdown free here often enough for this to be worth it.

Also, a 41% VPIP table is very good.