PDA

View Full Version : ($33): Preflop QQ decision early.

xJMPx
10-13-2005, 04:31 PM
This is level 2, with no reads.

Push or flat call? If just calling, what's your line post flop if no A or K hits?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t775)
Button (t840)
Hero (t715)
BB (t400)
UTG (t645)
UTG+1 (t670)
MP1 (t905)
MP2 (t735)
MP3 (t2315)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t60</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t125</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ????</font>

schwza
10-13-2005, 04:33 PM
i'd probably push, but i don't think calling is bad.

10-13-2005, 04:36 PM
I'd just push it. If the flop comes Axx or Kxx, with this preflop action you may well have to give it up. But atleast by pushing you've got some FE against marginal A's and K's

10-13-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd just push it. If the flop comes Axx or Kxx, with this preflop action you may well have to give it up. But atleast by pushing you've got some FE against marginal A's and K's

[/ QUOTE ]

This was basically the exact same train of thought that I had.

However this is an early level. With a raise, and a reraise is there any reason for thinking about folding here and finding a better spot?

Opinions?

pooh74
10-13-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was basically the exact same train of thought that I had.

However this is an early level. With a raise, and a reraise is there any reason for thinking about folding here and finding a better spot?

Opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

The other merit to pushing is that you will be much more likely HU instead of 3way. What I would think about is whether being HU and seeing all 5 cards keeps my QQ more intact than being 3 way and seeing 3 cards. Of course it could end up not being either scenario, but this is one thing that goes through my mind and lends "push" some weight in the decision.

pineapple888
10-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Well, I don't like pushing.

And I'm sure not folding.

So I call and push any non-overcard flop. Overcards, I check/fold unless I sense I still might have the best hand.

If MP1 pushes pre-flop, I happily fold.

valenzuela
10-13-2005, 04:53 PM
ALL-IN. Calling is not even an option here IMO.

KingDan
10-13-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you want them to fold?

pineapple888
10-13-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ALL-IN. Calling is not even an option here IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You still have another player to act. He pushes, re-raiser joins the fun, wouldn't you be happy to fold?

10-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Well if folding is not an option here, I am pushing.

I dont know. There is a decent amount of money in the pot right now that if I push, and they fold, I will be happy to take it down.

Dont get me wrong, if I push and get a caller with AK, Im not going to be that happy.

But overall I am thinking push/fold here. I really dont like calling. Say you call and a overcard hits the flop. You are now going to have to lay it down.

I mean say the flop comes K-10-2 rainbow. If you call you are letting that KJ donk, or whatever stay in it and hit his overcard to your pair. I dont like that.

Push.

schwza
10-13-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I don't like pushing.

And I'm sure not folding.

So I call and push any non-overcard flop. Overcards, I check/fold unless I sense I still might have the best hand.

If MP1 pushes pre-flop, I happily fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you push a 974 flop? let AQ/AK cbet his chips off, and if he's smart enough to take his 3/6 outer, more power to him. push the turn.

pineapple888
10-13-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

why would you push a 974 flop? let AQ/AK cbet his chips off, and if he's smart enough to take his 3/6 outer, more power to him. push the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause I still get paid off so often.

pineapple888
10-13-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well if folding is not an option here, I am pushing.

I dont know. There is a decent amount of money in the pot right now that if I push, and they fold, I will be happy to take it down.

Dont get me wrong, if I push and get a caller with AK, Im not going to be that happy.

But overall I am thinking push/fold here. I really dont like calling. Say you call and a overcard hits the flop. You are now going to have to lay it down.

I mean say the flop comes K-10-2 rainbow. If you call you are letting that KJ donk, or whatever stay in it and hit his overcard to your pair. I dont like that.

Push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Valid points, especially with shallow stacks. I'm just not ready to bet my tournament here.

jedinite
10-13-2005, 06:42 PM
I like schwza's line. Remember that we're also in level one here. I'll call and take the flop three way and try to stack someone, versus just trying to take down an extra 175 chips preflop or start a coinflip race early with AK.