PDA

View Full Version : I've never posted one of these. Stat ckeckup.

FreakDaddy
10-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Since I've been on this site I haven't posted a stat checkup, but I figured since I'm starting over I want to check my game and see if anything looks funny/strange/odd or all of the above. I've been primarily playing 4-6 25nl tables. I lent out pretty much my entire poker bankroll to a friend and I've been playing 25nl this past month. I've changed my style a bit, and I'm much less LAG than I used to be. Since I changed my style I'm not winning as much, but I think my style will be more effecive when I move back up next week. Any comments greatly appreciated!

http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/4353/25nl3dv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9531/25nlmore4qj.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

amoeba
10-13-2005, 05:03 PM
15.4 ptbb/100 is not winning as much?

I have to say you have a very different aggression by streets.

lower on the flop than the turn and river.

Malachii
10-13-2005, 05:07 PM
You're completing WAY too much out of the SB.

10-13-2005, 05:17 PM
You must be a much better postflop player than I am. 26 VPIP is pretty loose for full ring, no?

Skuzzy
10-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Does the expression 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' ring any bells? 15ptBB/100 is killing it.

Your stats may look funny but what are you going to do? If the tables, games, players, cards all ran in a certain way that made these figures happen thats the way they happen. I'm curious about your pre-drop stats though. Although you reckon this style will be better when you move back up, you say you are doing less well now. Why would you drop down, tighten up, make less than you were before and think you should keep playing in your new style when you move up again?

Poker is about making the correct decision at the table based on all the 'limited' info available. Stats let you see how your game is different from someone elses and not much else. The time to start messing with your game is when you lose, lots, over and over again.

I'd say if this is full ring, VPIP 26% is insane and playing more than half your hands from the SB must be a losing proposition. ... but your winning so I'm way off and need to re-think my own tight weak game.

Macquarie
10-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Nice stats /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I was just thinking that I couldn't remember any players with negative BB/100 posting their stats for check-up. Kind of ironic since those are the people who might need it...

wtfsvi
10-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Way too small sample size. Looks weird. Especially, like before mentioned, vpip and vpip from sb.

FreakDaddy
10-13-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
15.4 ptbb/100 is not winning as much?

I have to say you have a very different aggression by streets.

lower on the flop than the turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think the flop vs turn and river is a bit odd. I think I accoutn that to my hand reading and pushing people off of hands on later streets. Typically I think people like to be most aggresive on the flop, but that never made 100% sense to me. I'd rather win it on the turn when the pot is bigger, but it is riskier of course.

FreakDaddy
10-13-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're completing WAY too much out of the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this is a good point, and something which I hope we can discuss. If I'm fairly confident that I can outplay most of my opponents post flop, why not complete with nearly any two if the odds are there? If I hit a big flop I'm fairly confident I know how to get the money in, or let it go when I don't. Right now I'm +$58 from the SB in Diff w/o blind. Is this really a leak? Please tell.

FreakDaddy
10-13-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You must be a much better postflop player than I am. 26 VPIP is pretty loose for full ring, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I take all factors into account when I call/fold a hand pre-flop. I'll fold AK or AQ sometimes, but play or raise KJo if it appears to be the best play at the time. I know a lot of people have VP$IP in the 14-20 range on here, I just tink at this level, you're giving up a lot if you don't see more flops. JMHO. Everyone's style is different of course.

FreakDaddy
10-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Well I'd like to perfect my game as much as possible. I honestly don't think I'm killing it. My average session is usually between 800-1k hands. Within that time I think I make, on average, at least 2-3 mistakes that cost me money. Since I re-started I began logging my mistakes each session and trying to cut down on the number. It's difficult of course, but I'd like to play near mistake free poker, which I think is possible of course. I'm just not there yet.

As far as number of hands being played, I just try to make the best decision possible based on my position and players in the hand. I don't play 'by the book', I just try to use position to my advantage and outplay my opponents post flop. Perhaps I'm wrong, but at this level I think you're giving away too much if you aren't seeing at least 25% of the flops.

Everyone's style is different, and if you're seeing less flops but winning, then stick with that. It's never bad to experiment and expand your game though. I'd always encourage that.

FreakDaddy
10-13-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice stats /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I was just thinking that I couldn't remember any players with negative BB/100 posting their stats for check-up. Kind of ironic since those are the people who might need it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen some with -BB, but it is more rare. I think even when you're a winning player, it's helpful to get second opinions on how you can improve. I'm not very good with PT stats personally. Some things have already been brought to my attention which will be usefull for my review.

FreakDaddy
10-13-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Way too small sample size. Looks weird. Especially, like before mentioned, vpip and vpip from sb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it's small, but it's enough to look for leaks. You think I'm seeing too many flops and especially from the sb. I want to agree, but at the same time I don't see why using your post flop play to outplay most opponents is bad at this level? When I played 100nl my V$PIP and I was a winning player, and at 200nl (small sample size) it was 17.

As far as the SB blind though, if I have 5 limpers and I look down at Q4o in the SB I'm completing every time. If I hit the flop I can extract, or get away from the hand when I;m outflopped. Most of the time though I can steal the pot. It would be interesting to hear some discussion about this though, because I've heard several people keep lower VP$IP from the SB and justify their play. If your getting 5:1 or 6:1 on your money though, why aren't you taking a peak?

FreakDaddy
10-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Ok, here's a question I have about my stats. Is my limp/call a re-raise number too low? Where should this range be at?

Malachii
10-13-2005, 08:25 PM
I dunno, what do you really hope to flop with [censored] like A9o and QTo OOP? IMO the hands to complete with are more a function of how many player sin the pot than anything else. If there are four or five players I'll complete with practically any two, but if there's like one or two limpers I think you should be very selective about what you enter into the pot with.

Allinlife
10-13-2005, 08:29 PM
who cares, move up.

FreakDaddy
10-13-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm hoping to flop AA9 when I have A9 and QQT when I have QT0. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Ok seriously, I don't think I have to explain a good flop texture, but 2-pair hands go a long way if you have A9 and someone has AJ and the flop comes A94. Plus, I don't always have to have a made hand.

FreakDaddy
10-13-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
who cares, move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I care, or I wouldn't ask. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I want to build my roll back up quickly so I can play at levels I'm more comfortable at.

-Skeme-
10-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Very nice Winrate.

beset7
10-13-2005, 09:40 PM
your high vpip + highish wtsd + highish w$sd = the strong possibility that you are running good. But its hard to tell without looking at a bunch of hands. Keep it up!

Aytumious
10-13-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
who cares, move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I care, or I wouldn't ask. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I want to build my roll back up quickly so I can play at levels I'm more comfortable at.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you usually play, but with your winnings here you have enough to move up to the $100's without any problem.

wtfsvi
10-14-2005, 09:05 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
If your getting 5:1 or 6:1 on your money though, why aren't you taking a peak?

[/ QUOTE ] Because it's no limit. It's not about pot odds, it's about implied odds.

dtbog
10-14-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If your getting 5:1 or 6:1 on your money though, why aren't you taking a peak?

[/ QUOTE ] Because it's no limit. It's not about pot odds, it's about implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually the reason that I do complete from the SB a lot -- implied odds.

I will literally complete with any 2 in certain situations -- most notably, if there is a fish who can't get away from top pair who has limped in.

The implied odds of taking an entire stack (with the pot still laying you 7:1 or whatever) force me to complete way too much against bad players.

If they're not total fish, obviously, then completing with Q4o is just wasting chips.

wtfsvi
10-14-2005, 12:03 PM
If I'm playing with the biggest fish who is going to give me his stack with middle pair and any draw, then of course I complete the sb with any two. I also limp (or raise) on the button with any two if he's limped before me. We're not in the any-two-will-do situations often though.