PDA

View Full Version : Tourny Help

10-13-2005, 03:52 PM
I have been doing well in cash games & single table tourny's but seem to struggle in MTT. I play position & understand what quality hands are. In MTT I use the same strategy's but always find myself shortstacked & finish just outside $$. I don't think I'm playing enough hands, especially early on. Do you guys play differently early on. Meaning, try to get in cheap for as many flops as possible? I know it's difficult to give suggestins without seeing my play but...Any suggestions on how to change my game?

Rex Ruthless
10-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Start here ---> http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3436856&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

. . . and be a regular participant on this forum - I am relatively new, but found in a short amount of time this is the place to be! 2+2 rocks!!!

10-13-2005, 04:13 PM
thank you for the link xgrgor. Very good info - there was reference in wooodguys link "passing up small edges early" where he refers to TPFAP. I guess this is a specific book - do you happen to know the book? Thanks again for the help.

Rex Ruthless
10-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Tournament Poker for Advanced Players - David Sklansky

10-13-2005, 04:20 PM
thank you again