PDA

View Full Version : [censored]'s guide for OOT-UPDATE 11/01

[censored]
10-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Welcome to OOT. You may be under the impression that this is a place for you to post whatever inane BS you can come up with. It is not. The purpose of this forum is to have a place where 2+2ers can discuss a wide range of topics not covered in the other forums in a intelligent, insightful, funny or otherwise entertaining fashion. Basically you should strive to meet much of the same standards found in the 2+2 forums. I have been given a great deal of freedom in moderating this forum and if you are incapable of meeting these standards you can and will be banned.

Rules.

1. The purpose of a starting a thread is to start a discussion. Put some thought into what you are doing. This takes more than a title and a few words. A good thread does not involve just posting some picture without any commentary. If You start a what I judge to be a stupid thread I will most likely ban you.

2. A poll should consist of a minimum of two competing choices. Polls are judged more harshly than threads started wthout a poll. Polls which are the basis of a multi-thread tournament will be judged even more harshly (they better be good)

3. If you make a post stating that you are leaving OOT you will be. If you make a poll asking if you should leave OOT, and you lose, you will be.

4. This is not the forum for you to express every stupid sexual thought that comes into your head. Topics dealing in a sexual nature are fine but they still must meet the standard above.

5. Someone creating a good thread is not license for you to make countless and much worse knock off threads.

6.Posters who reside mostly in OOT will be banned more switftly and harshly than those who contribute to the other forums.

7.Threads about others posters are almost universally stupid. Especially nasty threads. Unless you are 100% sure that is it a good or funny story or something similar don't do this.

8. This is not a forum to discuss poker, the WPT, poker players or other poker related things. There are forums for those things. find them before I find you.

9.OOT is not a chat room, your blog or an AIM window. Either participate and further the discussion in a meaningful way or stay out. If all you can provide is a constant stream of meaningless short replies of sexual innuendos and other crap then you simply do not need to be here. This rule is not absolute as there is a time for such replies every now and then, however if this is all you bring to the table you are going to have problems.

You are free to complain about the decisions I make. However there has been more than enough threads started on this topic. Starting now no more new threads will be allowed on my moderating decisions.

The following threads are appropriate places for you to express your opinions.

Original Idea (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=3571480&Fo rum=,,,,,,,,,,,,,,All_Forums,,,,,,,,,,,,,,&Words=& Searchpage=13&Limit=25&Main=3571480&Search=true&wh ere=&Name=24527&daterange=&newerval=&newertype=&ol derval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post3571480)

A discussion of whether the idea is needed (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3660629&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

A complaint on my bannings (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3659737&page=2&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

A basic [censored] sucks thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=3612488&Fo rum=,,,,,,,,All_Forums,,,,,,,,&Words=&Searchpage=7 &Limit=25&Main=3612430&Search=true&where=&Name=245 27&daterange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&older type=&bodyprev=#Post3612488)

This should be more than enough to say whatever you need to. Also you are free to PM with any questions or complaints.

Please do not start anymore threads either for or against. Failure to do so can and will result in deletion/locking of thread, possible warning and probable banning.

if you are banned you can contact me at yougotbanned@hotmail.com to discuss terms

List of the Banned (i'll update as I remember)
newfant
manybeers
mushu
spiersbrittney
jrbick
fatdave
egocide
sammysusar
Sasnak
J Roc
mikemcgwire
STLantny